Insurance

kdawg31337

Registered
I'm looking into this and I'm wondering which Busa to get. I've read the forums and know state farm seems to have the best rates, but I just wanted to do it online. What do you guys think of these prices, and how much would they go down to state farm (I'm just asking for a guess). I really don't want to get the comprehensive, and will not take a loan for the bike. Also, would you recommend increasing the third party levels?

According to progressive.com, my insurance quotes are as follows:

$25000 person/$50000 accident/$25000 property
with comprehensive and collision will be $2170 a year.
with comprehensive but no collision it's $1007 a year.
with neither it's $443 a year.
a $500,000 combined limit for the first line essentially doubles the costs. The deductibles here are 1000.

2007 (Assuming it will displace the same cc's)
$25000 person/$50000 accident/$25000 property
with comprehensive and collision will be $4762 a year.
with comprehensive but no collision it's $1875 a year.
with neither it's $683 a year.
a $500,000 combined limit for the first line essentially doubles the costs.

Two words....STATE FARM. I had progressive and I got a decent quote for a 1300 cc sport/touring bike. As soon as I gave them the Vin number and they found this wonderful machine "Hayabusa", the quote almost quadrupled. State Farm only cares about maker and cc's. the Hayabusa name did note change a thing, even when they input the vin number.

I got state farm comp and collision with 1,000 deductible, but only 10,000/20,000/10,000 coverage....at a grand total of 250.00 every 6 mo. Mind you, I have a brand new 'busa. The year on the bike should not kick up your rates like that. You will have to change your car over as well. My full quote was 860.00 every 6 mo with the 'busa and a leased '05 Toyota 4runner. I am also an "A" driver with 700+ credit....yes they are both factors as well.

Since, I'm sure it is part of the equation, I live in Florida. I believe rates will change slightly from region to region.

Hope this helps......go with State Farm.

Those Progressive quotes are pathetic as usual. First off, $25K "might" cover you if you bump into someone and sprain their ankle. If you can afford to pay cash for an '07 you can afford to pay for real insurance. Unless you're a millionaire, having a new bike stolen or totalled will ruin your year. Hit someone and break a few of their bones or cripple them and they will OWN YOU for the rest of your life. That $25K will cover the ambulance trip to the hospital and their first hour in the trauma ward...after that it all comes out of your pocket.
Friend that I work with was hit on his hardley by a kid in an S10. He got lucky and only had a broken up foot. Kid in S10 had $100K limits. Coworkers doctor bills were WAY over $100K, plus then a totaled $25K hardley, over $50K for 6 months off work and then pain and suffering. Coworkers underinsured picked up everything past the $100K limits and that kid in the S10 now owes a few hundred thousand to the insurance company. Imagine being in your early 20's and owing someone the equivalent of a HUGE AZZ HOUSE. If you're older and financially secure, say bye bye to your nice house and cars.

I have State Farm with full coverage, $300K,$300K,$300K, uninsured, under insured ect. and I'm paying exactly $300 a year with a $1K deductible. When the bike was brand new in '04 I think I was paying $425 a year.

Back