Insurance in Harris county (Houston TX.)

In Pearland, I paid $2200 full coverage with Geico. I took off collision since I own it now and i pay $200/yr (still have comprehensive)

Well before you go on thinking i'm getting some "special military rate" listen to this... in California i was only paying $87 every 6 months... Talk about a mark up, I almost sold my motorcycle because I wasnt sure i was going to be able to afford the insurance hike. That was just my motocycle insurance increase... both of my car rates went up to... Texas insurance is just expensive period... military or not

Insurance in TX is $$$ cause companies know we can ride 365 days of the year!  
beerchug.gif

super.gif

(Sloto200 @ Mar. 04 2007,07:42) Well before you go on thinking i'm getting some "special military rate" listen to this...  in California i was only paying $87 every 6 months...  Talk about a mark up, I almost sold my motorcycle because I wasnt sure i was going to be able to afford the insurance hike.  That was just my motocycle insurance increase... both of my car rates went up to...  Texas insurance is just expensive period... military or not
I'm not defending Texas or attacking you... Military gets a cheaper rate, especially since Military personnel deserve such.

The reasons the rates are SO high her is because we have SO many Illegals WITHOUT Insurance. My Uncle owns an insurance company and he will not write Auto Policies for that reason.

I just wish Texas would step up to the likes of Georgia and link insurance to motor vehicle registration. If you cancel or don't pay your insurance, you have to turn in your tags within 30 days or renew. If not... They can impound your vehicle and sell it if you cannot provide proof of not driving it on the road. There are clauses for maintenance and show vehicles, but the purpose of the law keeps people from buying insurance for one month to get the card, then sticking it to the person they hit for not having it.

Thanks for all the replies so far. It would seem from the info stated so far that I might be able to shop around for a slightly lower rate than I am paying now, but for any real savings I need to move well away from Harris county Texas. The really sad thing is I don't get to ride the Busa all that much.

I pay $1080/yr for the '05, and $1320/yr for the '06 with State Farm. That's with a $100 deductable. Both bikes are registered in Montgomery county.
The policy's are separate from Auto, homeowners etc.
One bike per policy too. Two bikes - two policy's.

Hope this helps.

(I'll give you the name of my agent if you like)

(Tango1300 @ Mar. 04 2007,15:00)
(Sloto200 @ Mar. 04 2007,07:42) Well before you go on thinking i'm getting some "special military rate" listen to this...  in California i was only paying $87 every 6 months...  Talk about a mark up, I almost sold my motorcycle because I wasnt sure i was going to be able to afford the insurance hike.  That was just my motocycle insurance increase... both of my car rates went up to...  Texas insurance is just expensive period... military or not
I'm not defending Texas or attacking you...  Military gets a cheaper rate, especially since Military personnel deserve such.

The reasons the rates are SO high her is because we have SO many Illegals WITHOUT Insurance. My Uncle owns an insurance company and he will not write Auto Policies for that reason.  

I just wish Texas would step up to the likes of Georgia and link insurance to motor vehicle registration.  If you cancel or don't pay your insurance, you have to turn in your tags within 30 days or renew.  If not...  They can impound your vehicle and sell it if you cannot provide proof of not driving it on the road.  There are clauses for maintenance and show vehicles, but the purpose of the law keeps people from buying insurance for one month to get the card, then sticking it to the person they hit for not having it.
I wasnt taking your reply as an attack... i was just trying to explain my rate increase is all. Your right about the illegals though. Thats why they said my insurance went up on all my vehicels, because it was more likely for me to get hit by an uninsured motorist in Texas than anywhere else. Texas needs to do something about it because insurance rates are terrible! Those of us that carry insurance 365 days a year are paying for those that dont... you can call your company, get 30 days of insurance, register your car or what ever and let the insurance expire and drive for 11 months out of the year uncovered. Such crap!!
mad.gif

You better check again. Neuces and San Patricio Counties have the highest rates in Texas. And it's directly due to having the highest number of uninsured motorist in the State...
I cannot even get full coverage here in San Patricio County...
Just another one of the benefits of living in Vato land...

David

(busa_bill @ Mar. 05 2007,17:08) I pay $1080/yr for the '05, and $1320/yr for the '06 with State Farm. That's with a $100 deductable. Both bikes are registered in Montgomery county.
The policy's are separate from Auto, homeowners etc.
One bike per policy too. Two bikes - two policy's.

Hope this helps.

(I'll give you the name of my agent if you like)
Yes I would, Thank you. You can PM me if you perfer.

(Devious @ Mar. 06 2007,14:19) You better check again. Neuces and San Patricio Counties have the highest rates in Texas. And it's directly due to having the highest number of uninsured motorist in the State...
I cannot even get full coverage here in San Patricio County...
Just another one of the benefits of living in Vato land...

David
My statement about Harris county being the highest in Texas was in reguards to automobile insurance, as I don't have any information in reguards to motorcycles. According to the Texas Depatment of Insurance it still appears to be over all (depending on who you are insured by,age,driving record,etc.) I assume you are referring to the Corpus Christi area? I looked that up and was amazed that some of the insurance companies were charging rates as high as if not higher than the Houston area. I am orginally from Mc Allen so I am some what familer with the situation you are refering to. When I moved to Houston all my automobile and homeowners insurance went way up. At any rate I think we both can agree that insurance is way to high. May I ask what you are paying for insurance where you live? Thanks.

Living in Vato-Land eh...?

Yeah...  well I bet you save the money on getting that discount yard maintenance you can now spend it on insurance!!!

(Tango1300 @ Mar. 07 2007,09:51) Living in Vato-Land eh...?

Yeah...  well I bet you save the money on getting that discount yard maintenance you can now spend it on insurance!!!
LOL thats just wrong!! LOL

Back