Insurance Companies

metalgear454

Registered
I'm thinking of buying a 07 Busa and checked the rates thru Progressive and it was Double that of the CBR1000rr rate that I started with before I got hooked on the Busa. However i tried State Farm and they won't write it unless I move the autos to them also. (wife had an accident. It will be ugly)
So, has anybody obtained a great rate from a company that does'nt require the autos.
Help me, please, tell me the company! Thanks!!

Sorry to hear about state farm, that is who I insured through, but I was not required to move my autos to them. They beat progressive by 30 bucks a month for my Busa. They also beat my current company on my auto rates, but they wanted to increase my homeowners, so it was a wash.

State Farm, cheapest I have found. You have to have multiple vehicles with them though. I pay $386.00 per year for my 05 Busa, full coverage. I am 47 with no tickets or accidents.

Try Geico.

P.

you can also try dairyland.......... it is written thru Sentry Insurance,
the # is 1-888-373-6879

+2 on GIECO. They have both my bikes insured and get this, when I added the Busa my total premium for both bikes was cheaper than if I just insured the Busa. Multi bike discoount...and yes I called to verify there was no mistake...scchhweeeettt.

I then added my cars.

I'm 47, no accidents, no tickets and a high 700 credit score. Was not good enough somehow for State Farm. Don't know how to get any better but oh well.

Motorcycle ins. for cycles here in FL typically isn't cheap. But if you move your autos over to SF they have amazing rates.

USAA doesn't cover any more and GEICO and Progressive were ridiculously high in comparison.

+1 on Dairyland. 33, in Atlanta, no tix, no accidents, good credit $650 or so full coverage for the year.

(Wonked @ Sep. 05 2007,15:31) +1 on Dairyland. 33, in Atlanta, no tix, no accidents, good credit $650 or so full coverage for the year.
+2 Not sure what we're paying but we have 3 bikes with them, shopped around and they were the best for full cov on all 3 bikes... We're in Delaware - not sure what the rating criteria is for any other states but don't skimp on your level of coverage.

I am with Famers....$2200 for full coverage and also have stuff with USAA....$3500. So when I bought the bike in May I got liability. It bothered me. I sold my VTX 1800 2 weeks ago and decided to shop around. I went with State Farm yesterday. $163.52 for 6 months $500 ded or $100.38 for $1000 ded. I took 1 car with me and just put liability on it. Hope that helps. If you can move an old car over with just put liability on it that would be 1 way to go.
Brian

I'm going to have to look into some of these too I guess. Progressive is beating me up pretty bad, $1900 per yr for full coverage. I'm 49, good credit, and clean record.
Skip Allstate though, they have an "uninsurable" list that pretty much contains all sport bikes. My old ZRX was even on the list
laugh.gif

Back