Instrument cluster, nothing works

williebusa

Registered
Polished my frame only disconncted the tank fuel connections now i put everything together and my instrument cluster dosent work,fuel, tach everything, i also checked the plug that goes into the cluster, any ideas would be appriciated. thanks

rock.gif
Anyone?

Johnny no power to the rear tailight, tach, fuel odometer, temp. gauge nothing is working on the cluster, the bike starts up just fine, i just put on a power commander but i dont think it affected the cluster, main fuse and all others are o.k. the plug behind the cluster i took it off and put it back on, nothing.....thanks

Bad ground??? Terminal connections are a little moist??? Try resetting the computer...

Johnny i will check as soon as i get home, i did remove the battery, i will let you know tomarrow.... thanks for your input.

That was not the problem, checked circuits for a while cant figure it out, will call my mechanic for a house call, thanks for your help...

Check the taillight bulb. If it is blown then you shorted everything. I really doubt it but if you only pulled the tank and did polishing, you could have arced to something an that would not blow a fuse

I pulled the plug from the cluster yesterday, checked each circuit one by one, only one has power, that was strange, it is the blue light for the high beam everything else is dead, i unplugged some other connections that also had no power when the ignition is on, but the bike starts just fine, i failed to mention i put a extended swingarm chromed all the covers new rims removed the tail section chromed all the controls but i connected everything back, has been triple checked......

I had almost the same problem last night, however, in my case the lights all worked, even in the cluster!!! Just none of the gauges, tach,and speedometer worked. The problem was the connector to the cluster was dirty, I just cleaned it and reconnected it and everything was fine. In your case, it sounds like there may be several issues you have to deal with, possibly power and grounding problems, good luck man and let us know what the problem was once you've founf it.

Back