Instrument Cluster Question

mrnyc01

Registered
Hey Guys..

Need some input. I purchased some blue leds to replace the "lights" in my instrument cluster. I thought they would be bulbs that I could just plug in. I didn't know it would be tiny tiny TINY leds that have to be soldered in. 30 OF THEM! Something tells me this is more problem than it's worth. Any one has experience doing this?

If it's more than you're capable of, send them to Scott@Blue Gauges.

Thanks man... it only took you an hour? The crap seems like it will take all day! And what about those little to line contacts on the back. I understand they have to go on a certain way?

Thanks man... it only took you an hour? The crap seems like it will take all day! And what about those little to line contacts on the back. I understand they have to go on a certain way?

Ive done a bunch of them!

Awesome mod!! It took me a good while to do,but the blue lights look soooo much better on my K8. You won't be sorry

Thanks for the replies everyone.....I mean I do believe I have the tech skills to do it. It just seemed like it was a ll day job and might not have been worth it for the labor. One of those days of telling the wife and kids to leave me alone for the day so I can concentrate..wait...ok enough siad.. sounds like a good idea now!:thumbsup::laugh:

They are tricky to do! And time consuming, as for any pointer, sorry, none really!

I did mine and now my tack, speed, and gas gauge Is off. Everything works, but kinda annoying. I have been told to try a few things to see if I can fix it. Just been busy and haven't tryed yet. Good luck. It looks great I did the white.

Back