Instrument Cluster

zzdogman

Registered
Hey, has anyone had the lights go out on their instrument cluster. I had this happen the other night. I haven't tried to jump the bike and it hasn't been dropped. I called the dealer and they siad that the whole thing has to be replaced at the cost of 600.00 (ouch!!). Any help will be greatly appreciated.
zzdogman

Unplug and replug the electrical connection at the back. Check the wiring.

Where you at in Washington?

try what CB above said sometimes they wigglle loose if not clipped in.

If it needs to be replaced, check e-bay. Bluegauges.com can change the milage on a different odometer to match your original.

Hey, First thanks for the responces. As soon as I get off work (second shift) I will give those a try. And I am in western washington by Bremerton. Thanks again!!

Hey,
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help. I found the problem. It was in the after market cluster lights that were installed. The dimmer switch modile was defective. So I took them out and the OEM instrument lights work just fine. Again, thanks for the help.
Zzdogman

(Super Trucker @ Sep. 07 2007,21:13) If it needs to be replaced, check e-bay. Bluegauges.com can change the milage on a different odometer to match your original.
How much do they charge to change the milage. I purched one here and it has about 5k more than my bike does.(Sorry for the hijack).

(zzdogman @ Sep. 07 2007,20:43) Hey, First thanks for the responces. As soon as I get off work (second shift) I will give those a try. And I am in western washington by Bremerton. Thanks again!!
cool we race at bremerton often and my girlfriend's sister lives in paulsbo....cblast lives over that way also...

It's the original one that was in there. I just took off the after-market lay overs. And hey Goldenchild, let me know when you are going to the track, I haven't taken mine to the track yet, but would like to. Let's try and hook up!
zzdogman

I may be there Sunday depending on weather and how many bikes will come up.

Back