New Instrument Cluster Prototypes

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
I'm currently playing with the idea of producing a commercial instrument cluster modification and am looking for feedback from Hayabusa owners to see if it would be worth while to produce some prototypes.

Here's the idea:

I was thinking of creating a cluster panel replacement somewhat similar to the current after market guage modifications already available, but with a real carbon fiber housing instead of the current faux one. Also, the new cluster would make use of the space currently between the cluster and windscreen to include an integrated "stealth" laser/radar detector "most likely a top of the line factory unit modified to fit in the cluster, with the laser detection window facing out the front of the windscreen" and a gear indicator that would look professional, and stock. Also these clusters will have factory wiring harness to ease in installation. I was also toying with the idea of including a speed healer and possibly some sort of integrated control for a power commander or something along those lines. although the last one probably would be an add on piece and not integrated.

Also, what other gadgets do you use that you would want integrated into your cluster "realistically", and would you be willing to pay for a high quality, waterproof, factory looking replacement with all these features? I'm also looking for someone who may have some connections for manufacturing such a device, and possibly investors.

Let me know thanks.

I'm currently playing with the idea of producing a commercial instrument cluster modification and am looking for feedback from Hayabusa owners to see if it would be worth while to produce some prototypes.

Here's the idea:

I was thinking of creating a cluster panel replacement somewhat similar to the current after market guage modifications already available, but with a real carbon fiber housing instead of the current faux one. Also, the new cluster would make use of the space currently between the cluster and windscreen to include an integrated "stealth" laser/radar detector  "most likely a top of the line factory unit modified to fit in the cluster, with the laser detection window facing out the front of the windscreen" and a gear indicator that would look professional, and stock. Also these clusters will have factory wiring harness to ease in installation. I was also toying with the idea of including a speed healer and possibly some sort of integrated control for a power commander or something along those lines. although the last one probably would be an add on piece and not integrated.

Also, what other gadgets do you use that you would want integrated into your cluster "realistically", and would you be willing to pay for a high quality, waterproof, factory looking replacement with all these features? I'm also looking for someone who may have some connections for manufacturing such a device, and possibly investors.

Let me know thanks.
why would you put an engine managemnt unit like a power commander at the dash? The 2 aren't related.

I personally think the busa dash is the best of the Suzuki line up.Easy to read, durable, and allot of features.

Sorry,

I meant something like the "on the fly" computer controls I've seen at the track. But It was only a passing thought for that part. My goal is to specifically make a very classy, stock looking cluster that will house common addons that look somewhat sloppy otherwise, incuding the radar detector, and gear indicator, as well as some nice white faced dials.

Sorry,

I meant something like the "on the fly" computer controls I've seen at the track. But It was only a passing thought for that part. My goal is to specifically make a very classy, stock looking cluster that will house common addons that look somewhat sloppy otherwise, incuding the radar detector, and gear indicator, as well as some nice white faced dials.
wouldn't it be cheaper just to offer modded inner panels which house these things rather than trying to redesign the horse?

Sounds like a nice ideal easily to do pseudo.  Go for it, but I would keep your ideal on the down low until you have a complete and ready to sell project.

Personally I would take a less complicated approach but use the same concept to house the add on's you just mentioned. But this is your thread and I'm not going to step on your toes.

Also, beware pseudo.  There are people here online just sitting back viewing the threads as we speak waiting to steal your ideal and claim it as their own or pass on to someone else with the skills to produce your ideal and beat you to the punch to sell it.

Ty

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122361277 -->

expat
New Recruit

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.92

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
< lurk, lurk > [/QUOTE]
Quit lurkn Expat, you have an assignment to complete (hint,hint)
wink.gif

how come I haven't heard of the prototype shaver that "gets the job done" while riding?

Man...that thing would be sellin by the crate, I'm tellin ya!

Hrrmm....mebbe I better edit that. I dunno if someone's gonna steal my thunder....

PACIFICBUSA
The Shaver Immortal

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:11.74

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hrrmm....mebbe I better edit that. I dunno if someone's gonna steal my thunder.... [/QUOTE]

Fuggn thieves will take anything not nailed down
laugh.gif

NO doubt.....

Actually, I'll let 'em have that one. They can test it out and make the mistakes, if ya know what I mean....
wow.gif
laugh.gif

how about adding a flux capacitor and a pressure switch to activate the plutonium niborg injectors? just a thought.:cool:

Back