Installing new rods

SCBusa

Registered
Hey all, I just wanted to ask if anyone knew the ballpark price for getting new rods installed, not for the rods, just the installation.
1zhelp.gif
I was wanting to spray it this season. I haven't asked any shops around for a price yet. The shop that usually does my work is expensive as all get out.
wow.gif
Maybe everywhere is expensive as that I don't know. All help is greatfull.
race.gif

$95.00 plus bearings with rod purchase. $155.00 plus bearings if you supply rods.

Jay

I'm talking about I drive the bike to the shop and walk home.  
slider1.gif

I bring rods and bearings.  What would be the price to install.

ss011.gif

Jay's price sound great to me.
super.gif

<!--EDIT|SCBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141446240 -->

I don't think you need to change out the rods. The 'busa's bottom end is really strong. This tuner in NC built a nearly 300hp 'busa and left the bottom end alone. Just a thought. Just trying to save you money and time.

You don't need rods unless you are planning over 350+rwhp and have a hard hit of spray. If it's not a big shot, just make sure it is TUNED properly. I have heard of people running a 150-shot on stock motor....
tounge.gif

Your motor will hold together untill it pops, Ive seen 400Hp+ on a stock motor and hold up then we just had a 50 dry shot on a 300 mile stock busa and the counter shaft riped out on the first pass with a shinko, fixed it then spit a rod out on the 5 pass. Ive seen 8.20 at 178mph on a stock bottom end with a 80 wet shot, Rods are a cheap safety part put them in, We will have our own Rods in a few months rated at 800+ Hp and 14.000 rpm for around $750.00. Burt www.1320straightliners.com

AR_0.jpeg

If you are going to spray wet the stock ones should be ok. Dry on the other hand is how good you the mixture. What sucks about dry is you have to either have map for spray with dry or manually adjust your stock map with power commander before a run to richen it up. I would go with the wet shot anyday. Just my .02 cents...
cool.gif

Your motor will hold together untill it pops, Ive seen 400Hp+ on a stock motor and hold up then we just had a 50 dry shot on a 300 mile stock busa and the counter shaft riped out on the first pass with a shinko, fixed it then spit a rod out on the 5 pass. Ive seen 8.20 at 178mph on a stock bottom end with a 80 wet shot, Rods are a cheap safety part put them in, We will have our own Rods in a few months rated at 800+ Hp and 14.000 rpm for around $750.00. Burt www.1320straightliners.com
Burt,PM me when they are available,Paul.

Your motor will hold together untill it pops,
Don't they all
biggrin.gif

If attention to the rod bearing is not given , a bearing will spin with a Carillo if the engine is set on kill .

Thats a good price on the rods but what country are they forged in any how many times were they stuck ? ... for starters . What alloy for seconder's ? Who's rod bolts for thirder's

Budweiser makes me inquisitive + I listen to Cheap Trick

Your motor will hold together untill it pops,
Don't they all
biggrin.gif

If attention to the rod bearing is not given , a bearing will spin with a Carillo if the engine is set on kill .

Thats a good price on the rods but what country are they forged in any how many times were they stuck ? ... for starters . What alloy for seconder's ? Who's rod bolts for thirder's

Budweiser makes me inquisitive + I listen to Cheap Trick
Sounds like you know your connecting rods.

Chinese Carrillo knockoffs are flooding the automotive market. Haven't seen any show up in our industry yet.

High quality $750.00 rods are already available;
http://hayabusazone.com/rods.html

Jay

<!--EDIT|Jay
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143615238 -->

Back