best pistons best rods

bobq31

Registered
another post opened my eyes to another world. What are the best rods and pistons to put in??? I always just the JE was the way to go by name recognition but the i found out the wiseco is better is some books, CP might be the best and then RObby moto. SO now I'm really lost. Is there anybody with experience with some or all of these or do you really like your own brand?? No onto rods. These are probably one of the most important things in my engine but I was reading that carillo might not actually be the best. Again, any experience with this??

I'm looking at being around 8 static. I already have a .100 base gasket that I'm going to be using so I figure 9.5 pistons should give me about what I want. I'm going to be running aboug 15 lbs of boost. I'm in utah so I'm running at a pretty good elevation so I'm guessing I'll be ok runnin e-85 up here. I'll probably have an issue when I run in boise but we'll worry about that later.

the combo you're going for isn't over extreme. You'll be happy and not have to worry about durability with whichever compnay you go with. It's always good to rub down any edges on the piston crown before dropping them in. I would mention to you head studs... check into them.

so it looks like I'm going to be going with carillo rods. I know i'm not making huge power now but I plan on doing so in the next season or two. So can anyone point me in the direction of sub $800 set of carillo rods??
guns.gif

H beams, I called you today but for not much more than the crower price you quoted me I can do the carillo rods. I don't like paying that much for ******* rods but it's the world I live in I guess. I'd rather pay now than replace all this crap when a rod fails.

I like the idea behind the falicon but I can't read about or talk to anyone that has had good luck with them.

H beams, I called you today but for not much more than the crower price you quoted me I can do the carillo rods. I don't like paying that much for ******* rods but it's the world I live in I guess. I'd rather pay now than replace all this crap when a rod fails.
When you get carrillos in hand and think about the way the motor works with a turbo you will see why folks are switching to crowers and the price is up some for that reason...Good Luck with your build...

Sounds like someone's making a prediction... Better talk to goldenchild some more before you do your build.

Back