Installing a wet shot

BrutalBusa

Registered
I have an older "wet shot" kit on my KZ1000, i'd like to put it on my 04 Busa. The kit has it's own fuel pump to supply additional fuel to go with the Nitrous. Is there a place to get fuel from the tank to the extra pump? Would another petcock need to be installed? I haven't really looked at the Busa to see what i'd need to do, it is stored for the winter at the moment. I'd appriciate any info from someone who has done a wet kit on thier bike. One more thing. I'd like to leave the stock exhaust on the bike, My plan is to route all the exhaust into the right side can. Leave the left can in place, hollow it out and hide the bottle in it. I'm sure i could open up the stock right side can to handle the extra flow. If it works you'd have to look long and hard to find the bottle
smile.gif
Any thoughts on this setup? Thanks, Dan

<!--EDIT|BrutalBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138294028 -->

You have to tap the tank on the bottom,where the fuel pump is.Do not tee of the existing fuel source, you will lean out if you do this.

I run two fuel systems,I make a small tank that fits in back of Bike thats full of c-16 Ran 8.17 at 178mph with 80 shot and only pulled 2 Deg and the plugs looked good.And the progresive box was set at 8.2 sec out With the NOS kicking in at end of first gear and the 60ft was a 1.32 so really we went threw the traps with only 67HP it was even lower than that if you figure in that the bottle preassure droped 75psi what is a loss of 15% so the final Hp was only 57HP not bad for a 57 Shot.

I actually did think of adding small second tank somewhere (great minds think alike) I'd kinda like to keep things as simple as i can. I'm not familiar with progressive boxes. I was going to have mine come on at or near 100% throttle. Having a way to stop it from coming on in low gear would be a good idea. Other than gearing my bike is pretty much stock & i very rarely go wide open throttle in low gear, prolly be a pretty hairy ride wide open with the bottle in low gear. Thanks for the info.

Back