Dry shot installed

BrutalBusa

Registered
I finally decided on a kit for my bike. I went with the MPS dry shot. I considered a wet shot, but in the end the dry seemed the way to go. It took about 3 hours to install (with 2 trips to the hardware store). Everything went together as advertised. Gotta find a tuner in the cincy area to make sure it's burning ok. Although, I'm a bit depressed...........Shiny Busa, Hopefully pushing close to 200Hp @ the wheel......And it's all of 18 freaking degrees outside!
NO2busa002.jpg

<!--EDIT|BrutalBusa
Reason for Edit: "OOPS wrong Picture.......now corrected!"|1140212131 -->

I made an aluminum bracket the bolts securely to the license plate bracket. It comes straight out, then turns 90 degrees down and the bottle holder bolts to the part the goes down. It seems plenty strong, the rear fender will flex if you twist on it. I don't think it will flex under normal conditions.(i know the clamp is ugly...I'm going to get a nice stainless one for it)
bottle002.jpg

bottle001.jpg

cool....NOS!!
cool.gif
but i dunno about that mounting point...i'd be afraid of it getting ripped off from extreme speed!
wow.gif

cool....NOS!!  
cool.gif
   but i dunno about that mounting point...i'd be afraid of it getting ripped off from extreme speed!  
wow.gif
Man get that bottle away from the muffler defeating purpose i thought the whole principle was to lower the temp of the gas ..You gonna be roasting that bottle .. Maybe im wrong..

actually i've seen guys that use torches to heat their No2 bottles before they use them...they also sell bottle warmers as well... to increase the pressure in the bottle... i could be wrong here but i'm no NOS expert...
rock.gif

Im not sure either just thought it was always better to get the temp of the gas and air lower not higher.. Could be wrong.. Maybe nitrosjunkie can help us out on this one

The reason fot heating the bottle is to raise the bottle pressure to optimum range.Just like using a purge kit is for lowering the system pressure as well as a quick way to clear the line,plus it looks cool.

I started the bike up and let it run, hardly any exhaust actually hits the bottle. The only time it could be an issue is if it sits and idles for a long time. You can hold your hand on the tank and it doesn't even get your hand hot. Even at an idle the exhaust blows right past the bottle. I think it will be ok. If it does give me trouble i can move it somewhere else. I keep to much other junk in the tail, no room for the bottle. And just for the record.......the warmer the bottle the better the flow. The pressure of NOS raises with the temp. However, i wouldn't want to put the bottle right in the exhaust flow. That would make a nice KABOOM sound.

ok this is just my opinion and i can be harsh at times, please get that bottle moved and remove the parrachute from the rear, not to mention the ghey azz reflecters. but happy for you and your new mods very cool

Not sure what "parachute" is in reference to. As far the reflectors being on the bike......After riding all kinds of bikes for last 20+ years, It's my opinion that anything that helps your bike be heard or seen better is a GOOD thing.

I beleave he is talking about the 4X4 mudflap...And i learn something new every day didnt know you heated the bottle..Honestly though i would try to find somewhere else to put it.. just looks like trouble rocks and stuff have never ran nitro so maybe that is where it goes i dont know just look like it sticks out like a sore thumb.. bet it will haul arse though

i think he is refering to the mud flap of a undertail the busa comes with... any reason you didnt go with the typical bottle mount under the under tail or in the "hump" ??

I have to keep a cover for the bike under the hump, I drive a truck and i'm gone days at a time. I don't like to leave it in the weather while i'm out on the road. Any suggestions on a place other than under the hump?

it is a little hard to tell from the pics,how close is the bottle from the exhaust,idling wont be the problem,if there is going to be a heat/ b/p problem,it will be when rolling,with the bottle getting bathed in heat

with this setup on my 12,b/p hit 1080 lb's in 20 minutes yesterday (mid high 50's) with the botte insulated it was 880 lb's

IM000868_edited.jpg

btw at a stop,or very low speeds,b/p will drop slightly,because there is no air movement

a 2lb bottle in the trunck works great

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1140224590 -->

The pics don't show it real accurate, but the bottle is a good way from the outlet of the pipe. With your hand on the bottle (closest to the exhaust) it doesn't get your hand too hot to leave it there. I think if you were moving at almost any speed the heat is gonna blow right past the bottle.

The best that i have seen other then the hump is left side on the pasanger foot peg bracket

I don't know much on these systems, but what I.ve heard is the bottle should be upside down for a dry shot.
I've seen a bottle mounted up front next to the ram air tube.

I have to keep a cover for the bike under the hump, I drive a truck and i'm gone days at a time. I don't like to leave it in the weather while i'm out on the road. Any suggestions on a place other than under the hump?
it sounds like you need the tiger tiger tail quick release trunk so you can put the cover up inside the hump and bottle in the tail.

Back