Installed D&D boltons today

tegbusa

Registered
I replaced the stock cans today with a set of CF D&D boltons. I have to admit they look cool but they don't sound as i expected.  
thumb_down.gif
 They almost sound like stock! I thought D&Ds are the loudest pipes around.Is it because of the stock mid pipe? Also, the idle dropped to 900.
rock.gif

Same thing happened to me!  I've always had D&D and they are VERY loud.  D&D has a street pack now, and it sounds like that's what you just installed.  You have to get their race pipes or off-road or whatever they call them now.

I bought a set used and they are very quiet.  I'm in the process of tearing apart my stock cans now to build my own set of loud pipes for when I ride solo and use the D&Ds for riding with my girl.  There are a couple of write-ups on the subject already, but I'm planning on doing something a bit different that doesn't require a welder so stay tuned if you're interested in something like that.

Not sure about the idle.

Same thing happened to me!  I've always had D&D and they are VERY loud.  D&D has a street pack now, and it sounds like that's what you just installed.  You have to get their race pipes or off-road or whatever they call them now.

I bought a set used and they are very quiet.  I'm in the process of tearing apart my stock cans now to build my own set of loud pipes for when I ride solo and use the D&Ds for riding with my girl.  There are a couple of write-ups on the subject already, but I'm planning on doing something a bit different that doesn't require a welder so stay tuned if you're interested in something like that.

Not sure about the idle.
I thought I got the race ones! How can I check if they have a street pack or not?

Not sure about the idle.
I thought I got the race ones! How can I check if they have a street pack or not?
UUUmmmmm.... they're quiet.  
laugh.gif

Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you.  Ask whoever you bought them from.

I had D&D on my FZR600 and on my R6.  I was always the loudest bike in the group by FAR, but I loved the sound!!!  Now with my D&D slip-ons for the 'busa it just sounds like your average aftermarket pipe; like a Yosh or Leo Vinci or whatever else.  Therefore I know it's street pack.  I bought them used and didn't know until they were on the bike.

Back