install 1" risers and helibars

cedric92300

Registered
hello,

I am trying next monday to install risers 1" and helibars.
I read and search but wanted to double check with you guys what I should do and need
please give me your imput

what I know so far

for the risers: remove the chrome plastics bolt cover, un-bolt, stick the risers in. do any of you know how much torque I tight the bolt back in?

for the helibars: something dealing with re-routing fast idle cable, something with checking for enough clearance with all cables including brake lines. then there is something with getting new rubber for the bars

I'll search so more about install guide and such but your help is much appreciated

Thx

The Heli-Bars are actually easier to install, so you might consider just doing those and see if that is enough height for you. I'm still making up my mind about the Genmar vs. the Helibars, but I certainly don't need both of them together. Some folks do have both, but you will probably need 1.5" longer brake lines up front, and maybe a longer clutch line if you do use both Genmar and Helibars together.

As for the Genmar install, consider removing your windscreen to give you more room and to keep from damaging it. Only takes 5 minutes. Incredibly easy to remove the screen. I destroyed two of the little chrome plugs getting them out for the genmar. They're just made out of plastic. Torque the bolts to 14 ft-lbs, according to Genmar's website. Here's their installation instructions: GenMar Mfg - Tube Handlebar Risers Installation Intructions

Hope this helps.

I have 3/4" risers (thanks to DR1300R) and Heli Bars. Your description sounds right on....just make sure you have the gas tank propped up and you route the cables the way they look "cleanest" and unobstructed. (I got rid of the metal circular cable holders that are mounted on the fork lower tripple tree) Stock lengths are fine and the addl height of the bars are great for all day rides! Oh BTW, you can peel the grips off and reuse if they are in ok condition...I used a tiny bit of soapy water in a spray bottle because it dries and then apply "grip glue", when reinstalling. Good luck, it's worth it! Raydog
(ps don't forget LocTite)

P1010919.jpg

OK laugh all you want, I posted the wrong stupid pic!

P1000882.JPG

The re-routing of the fast idle cable just requires you to route it diagonally under the gas tank rather than around in front.

I've got 1.75" genmars and Helibars...all I had to do was re-route fast-idle cable. Everything else works fine - but I do hit my hi-beam button against the wind screen on sharp turns.

CW

I've got 1.75" genmars and Helibars...all I had to do was re-route fast-idle cable. Everything else works fine - but I do hit my hi-beam button against the wind screen on sharp turns.

CW

need to get a double bubble to really clear everything.

Back