1 1/4" genmar and helibars

bigoltool

Registered
A)Anybody ever installed both the Helibars and the 1 1/4" Genmar Riser?
B)What else did you modify to make it fly?
C)Any good ideas for plugging the holes in the Genmar?

I've only got Helibars, but I know there's a frequent poster who did both. I can't remember who it is though.

BUMP.

I have helibars and a 19mm genmar. I would say that new hydraulic lines would be needed for the 1 1/4 genmar. I had just enough slack in the brake line after removing the bolt for the clamp on the front forks. My controls just touch the windscreen at full lock (ZG sport touring) The left side at full lock will turn on my flash to pass switch. I would email genmar mfg. about this, they could probably tell you about the 1 1/4 ( they did for me about the 19mm) . As far as plugging the holes, good question. I've been gonna check Lowes, home depot, etc. for something , but never did. Also plugs from body panels, at auto body supply shops may work..??

i have helibars and a 3/4 genmar riser plenty of room for stock lines but dont know about the 1 1/4

i posted about havin the combo on my bike with the stock line s , and some one told me i would have a problem if i liked to wheelie , but my wheelies are few and far in between and purly accidental , i do like to carry the front tire about 3 inches off the ground for a little while but no 12 o clockin for me ! check your clearances before you ride lock to lock and with the forks extended all the way . check the lock to lock with the bike running also and listen for the idle to change when you turn the bars with my set up i am very close to the puig double bubble and i couldnt get another 1/2 in oun of it

i installed the 1 1/4 reaper risers and helibars. i had to reroute the fast idle cable thru the middle of the tree and pull a little slack out of the hydraulic lines. the resevoirs barley touch my suzuki double bubble on full lock. no problem at all when riding. (ok here is the disclaimer). even though all the bikes are suppose to be identical there is always some minor differences. since the genmars are solid you may need to get a longer fast idle cable or run it in front of the tree. i also use the TRL 1000 foot pegs. the combination of the two make the riding position a lot more comfortable.

I had a set of Helibars on already that I got at Christmas. Then I bought a 1 1/4" riser off of Jinxster here on the Org. I got brake lines 1 1/2" longer than stock and didn't have to do anything else to the fast idle. Everything bolted right together without hassle. I had to trim a small amount (less than an inch) from my ZG Sport Touring shield to more or less clear the controls. I have ever so slight contact with my switch gear at full lock. I haven't had a chance to take any pics of it yet but I shall post when available. I am going to wait until I get a chance to ride it before I cut on the shield anymore if at all. My only concern is the contact and the huge holes resulting from the Genmar.

Back