Injector size on genII

01smokes

Registered
Hey guys I did a search and can't come up with anything solid. I need to know how big the stock injectors are on a genII both sets.
I'm gonna set my 08 up with e85 and some nitrous I already know I need a fuel pump but I was wondering if the stock injectors will handle the extra fuel of the e85 about 30% and the extra fuel that will be needed from the nitrous I'll be spraying a 50-60 shot.

What's the advantage of going to E85? There are a lot of downsides but I can think of no upsides other than price and that is not that significant and the cost difference wont pay for the required mods to run it. Then again, I dont know where you live so E85 may be about the only option.

What's the advantage of going to E85? There are a lot of downsides but I can think of no upsides other than price and that is not that significant and the cost difference wont pay for the required mods to run it. Then again, I dont know where you live so E85 may be about the only option.
It burns crazy cool and adds some power when tuned for it, what's the downsides of it that you know of?

Contact Richard @ RCC, he sells the larger injectors 60 and 80lb that you'll need as well as the fuel rail. Unless you are Turbo, I don't think it's going to be worth the cost personally but please report back if you go ahead with it. :beerchug:

Contact Richard @ RCC, he sells the larger injectors 60 and 80lb that you'll need as well as the fuel rail. Unless you are Turbo, I don't think it's going to be worth the cost personally but please report back if you go ahead with it. :beerchug:

60 and 80 is over kill for what I want. Do you happen to know how large the stock ones are I read that they are both 42s can you guys conform that info??

they are 280cc injectors, all 8 are same size. I made 356 hp on gasoline with 1:1 fuel regulator, 42 psi fuel pressure, and about 17 psi of boost. You will want to set injector balance to 50/50 using ecueditor for big hp stuff on the stock injectors.

in your case a good fuel pump, raise fuel pressure about 30%, set injector balance to 50/50, and have a blast :) Use the ECU to progressively control the nitrous in each gear would work well.

Thats the answer I was looking for thank you very much. Also can you tell me what the stock fuel pressure is and how would I bring up the fuel pressure on the bike thanks again. And you have some bad ass products I have lots of them already lol

they are 280cc injectors, all 8 are same size. I made 356 hp on gasoline with 1:1 fuel regulator, 42 psi fuel pressure, and about 17 psi of boost. You will want to set injector balance to 50/50 using ecueditor for big hp stuff on the stock injectors.

in your case a good fuel pump, raise fuel pressure about 30%, set injector balance to 50/50, and have a blast :) Use the ECU to progressively control the nitrous in each gear would work well.
Gen 3 Hayabusa has the same injectors?

Gen 2 injectors fit Gen 3?

If I put larger upper injectors, will they work with the map that I have for upper decapped OEM injectors?

Or do I need a retune?

TTS supercharger kit installed

I want to replace upper decapped injectors with normal injectors.

Pump fuel 100
Reducing the injector size is riskier than increasing injector size. I wouldn't run it without adding fuel to the map, with the intent of starting rich and working your way back to the correct lambda (AFR).

Why change if it works and is tuned?

Gen 3 Hayabusa has the same injectors?

Gen 2 injectors fit Gen 3?

If I put larger upper injectors, will they work with the map that I have for upper decapped OEM injectors?

Or do I need a retune?
Correct me if I'm wrong Busa3Fan but I think you’re getting ready to have the TTS kit installed and are asking to figure out the best option.

To set a base tune with a standalone, you enter the total flow for each bank of injectors. Woolich doesn't have this capability. Either way I would want it to be tuned. For safety, not max power. As Dennis said, start rich and you can lean if out from there.

1678766068447.png

Correct me if I'm wrong Busa3Fan but I think you’re getting ready to have the TTS kit installed and are asking to figure out the best option.

To set a base tune with a standalone, you enter the total flow for each bank of injectors. Woolich doesn't have this capability. Either way I would want it to be tuned. For safety, not max power. As Dennis said, start rich and you can lean if out from there.

View attachment 1664006
I am trying to find out if the only way is to use decapped injectors on my Gen 3, or if I can buy bigger injectors that plug and play.

And it seems so for the moment.

I am waiting HTP to reply to my email, they should have the solution but if they have, they will probably have way too powerful injectors for my need.

You just need the flow rates for the decapped ones. Literally almost every vehicle on the road now uses injectors, you have more options than just mps 60lb and 80lb. There is a set of injectors that flow what u need for sure. Any good fuel injector place can flow test what u have if tts doesn’t already know.

Back