Information about Don's Accident

Don will live on with the ORG and its members for years to come...RIP.....What i want to say is not allowed on the ORG so i will leave it at that....Williams family you guys will be in my prayers and thoughts.....(:firing:LEVI:firing:)

can someone copy and paste the article? blocked at work.

thanks.

Sale Creek Man Charged With Causing Motorcyclist's Death
Sheriff's Office Says Levi Ran Out In Front Of Motorcycle
posted September 9, 2009

The Sheriff's Office has charged a 25-year-old Sale Creek man with causing the death of a motorcyclist.

Deputy Eddie Sledge, traffic investigator, arrested Dustin Levi in the death of Donald Ray Williams.

The incident that claimed the life of Donald Williams, 59, of Sale Creek, happened Friday at 1700 Daugherty Ferry Road.

The investigation into the death has been on-going and information from witnesses along with the crash reconstruction resulted in Levi being charged with reckless homicide, authorities said.

The sheriff's office said it was found that Levi had been drinking and involved in arguments with his family that continued throughout the day. He also was alleged to have been in the roadway in front of his home, running out into traffic and daring drivers to hit him.

It was also determined that Levi was in the roadway when the victim rode through. The victim's motorcycle made contact with Levi, causing him to lose control. The motorcycle left the roadway and traveled approximately 51 feet before striking a tree.

Officers said when they first arrived on the scene, Mr. Williams was beside his Yamaha motorcycle and was conscious, but disoriented. A short time later he lost consciousness, and he was airlifted by LifeForce helicopter. He was pronounced dead at Erlanger Hospital.

His wife, Sherry, said he was on his way home after attending the Nightfall Concert in downtown Chattanooga. She said he had been riding motorcycles for 46 years.

Authorities said they were told that Levi had been drinking moonshine whiskey all day and that officers had been called out to the residence earlier that day on a vehicle crash. He was described as "extremely intoxicated and unruly."

When an officer questioned him about the motorcycle wreck, he denied any knowledge of it. The officer said Levi smelled of alcohol and appeared drunk.

A woman told officers she had driven by the Levi residence and he ran out in front of her vehicle, causing her to have to swerve to miss him. She said he yelled, "Hit me, - -. Hit me."

Relatives said about 9 p.m. Levi came up to the house and said he had been hit by a "crotch rocket."

Officers said Levi had injuries to his wrist. Authorities said the victim's injuries were not consistent with crashing into a tree at high speeds. They also said there was damage to the motorcycle, but it was not consistent with a crash into a tree.

Authorities said Levi eventually gave a statement in which he said he had an argument with his wife. He said she told him he "did not know how to be a husband."

Levi said he feared losing his family, so he started stepping out in front of cars to kill himself. He said when the motorcycle came along, he stepped in front of it. He said that caused the motorcycle to veer away from him and into a tree.

Levi had faced two domestic assault cases earlier this year.

Mr. Williams was employed at Hutcheson Medical Center in Fort Oglethorpe as director of information services. A Vietnam veteran, he was the father of three children and had been married to Sherry for 30 years.

Last edited:
At the risk of repost I'll say it any way....the guy had the nerve to tell the cops that Don tried to run him over I'll post a pic later of the scene if it's not already up
Posted via Mobile Device

OMG! That is so unbelievably sad. What are the chances?! What a shame.

I am at a loss of words. This is so senseless and tragic.

Prayers will be sent for Don's family and friends.

OMG...I hate this. Each day is truly a gift, as Don said. That stupid drunk SOB will never fully understand the pain he has inflicted. RIP brother.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the information.

My condolences to Don's family and friends.

I wish I had more to offer, but it's futile to try to apply logic to nonsense.

I regret never having met Don personally. From what I know of Don, I'm certain I'd have become a better person as a result.

Sale Creek Man Charged With Causing Motorcyclist's Death
Sheriff's Office Says Levi Ran Out In Front Of Motorcycle
posted September 9, 2009

The Sheriff's Office has charged a 25-year-old Sale Creek man with causing the death of a motorcyclist.

Deputy Eddie Sledge, traffic investigator, arrested Dustin Levi in the death of Donald Ray Williams.

The incident that claimed the life of Donald Williams, 59, of Sale Creek, happened Friday at 1700 Daugherty Ferry Road.

The investigation into the death has been on-going and information from witnesses along with the crash reconstruction resulted in Levi being charged with reckless homicide, authorities said.

The sheriff's office said it was found that Levi had been drinking and involved in arguments with his family that continued throughout the day. He also was alleged to have been in the roadway in front of his home, running out into traffic and daring drivers to hit him.

It was also determined that Levi was in the roadway when the victim rode through. The victim's motorcycle made contact with Levi, causing him to lose control. The motorcycle left the roadway and traveled approximately 51 feet before striking a tree.

Officers said when they first arrived on the scene, Mr. Williams was beside his Yamaha motorcycle and was conscious, but disoriented. A short time later he lost consciousness, and he was airlifted by LifeForce helicopter. He was pronounced dead at Erlanger Hospital.

His wife, Sherry, said he was on his way home after attending the Nightfall Concert in downtown Chattanooga. She said he had been riding motorcycles for 46 years.

Authorities said they were told that Levi had been drinking moonshine whiskey all day and that officers had been called out to the residence earlier that day on a vehicle crash. He was described as "extremely intoxicated and unruly."

When an officer questioned him about the motorcycle wreck, he denied any knowledge of it. The officer said Levi smelled of alcohol and appeared drunk.

A woman told officers she had driven by the Levi residence and he ran out in front of her vehicle, causing her to have to swerve to miss him. She said he yelled, "Hit me, - -. Hit me."

Relatives said about 9 p.m. Levi came up to the house and said he had been hit by a "crotch rocket."

Officers said Levi had injuries to his wrist. Authorities said the victim's injuries were not consistent with crashing into a tree at high speeds. They also said there was damage to the motorcycle, but it was not consistent with a crash into a tree.

Authorities said Levi eventually gave a statement in which he said he had an argument with his wife. He said she told him he "did not know how to be a husband."

Levi said he feared losing his family, so he started stepping out in front of cars to kill himself. He said when the motorcycle came along, he stepped in front of it. He said that caused the motorcycle to veer away from him and into a tree.

Levi had faced two domestic assault cases earlier this year.

Mr. Williams was employed at Hutcheson Medical Center in Fort Oglethorpe as director of information services. A Vietnam veteran, he was the father of three children and had been married to Sherry for 30 years.

dammit........

Such a tragedy. I was lucky enough to room next to Don at one of the bashes and trail him on a couple of runs through the dragon. What a great rider! He was most definitely one of the greatest guys you could ever meet. My thoughts and prayers go out to Don's family and to all here who have truly lost a great friend. Rest in Peace Don You will never be forgotten.

does anyone (law enforcement) know if anything will happen to this A-hole who caused it all??

what could they charge this guy with??? something has to happen...

I had to leave work early and didn't catch this. Michelle called me and told me about it... I was and still am speechless. I've read the articles and still don't know how to respond. I continue praying for Sherry and the family :please:

I met Don and Sherry at a couple of the Eureka Springs events, great people. I also was trying to figure out how he could have lost control over a deer. He was a very good and careful rider, granted it could happen, but he lived there and probably new all the deer by name and which way they would run when they saw him coming. If you see a person beside the road, you don't expect them to run out in front of you. This just makes it that much harder to except the loss. Anger and loss for a great person and family man, are the first emotions that come to mind. I cannot imagine how hard it is for Don's family. It is such a tragic loss for both family's, one family loses a father and the other one a son. It will be even harder if they knew each other, and they might, Sale Creek is just a tiny dot on the map. Just read the article again, and boy, Don is going to mad, They said it was a Yamaha :laugh: The sad part is we know Don would have been the first to stop and help the guy if he had just waved him down.

That's all for now, thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

My heart goes out to Don's family. I struggle with what to say at the moment...

makes a senseless loss even more senseless...but in the grand scheme of things, God knows best, and with the way things are now a days, he prolly was forced to call on the best for re-enforcements...that's why we can take comfort in knowing we have at least 2 awesome busa armed guardian angels up there between Don and Kevin to look after us:thumbsup: as for the rest of my thoughts about the pos who did this...:whistle:

Back