Inflate your tires with nitrogen?

who said it wont go up? :poke::cookoo::p:

If you're trying to correct someones comments to be more clear your attempt is a bit lost in your response.
"Hey everybody! Fill your tires with nitrogen and the pressure won't go up as the temp goes up." :rofl:

At times the level of gullibility on this board astounds me. :banghead:

Would someone PLEASE google "combined gas law"....

cheers
ken

Last edited:
who said it wont go up? :poke::cookoo::p:

If you're trying to correct someones comments to be more clear your attempt is a bit lost in your response.

post #5
"What you do get is a tire that does not go up in pressure as it heats"

cheers
ken

"Hey everybody! Fill your tires with nitrogen and the pressure won't go up as the temp goes up." :rofl:

At times the level of gullibility on this board astounds me. :banghead:

Would someone PLEASE google "combined gas law"....

cheers
ken
better stated nitrogen is more stable and presents a larger molecule and no water.. (moisture is the real enemy)

you need to start with higher static pressures (closer to operating pressure) than with pumped air due to moisture content.. for less than racing purposes you will find that there is little difference in pressures from hot to cold with nitrogen filled tires.. (try it)

So if you run "Dry" air, you could feasibly come pretty close to the same benefits of nitrogen..

hey biscuit you didn't start your sentence with a capital letter. Google English grammer :rofl: :beerchug:
Awww frick.... so sorry man... forget how "correct" one must be sometimes regardless of the "nit pickity" nature of the fact..

Just like I left out the fact that nitrogen leaks out "slower" but that really is not so much the case now days as tire contruction has tightened the structure of the carcase to where air molecules do not leak out anything like 30 years ago when you could count on adding air every 2 weeks...

so I left that fact out... it is now on record? :rofl:

oh Gawd... the spelling dEvision of the RCMP is on your tail... run Forrest Run!!

oh Gawd... the spelling dEvision of the RCMP is on your tail... run Forrest Run!!

:rofl:

Alas Forrest, running from the R.C.M.P. is a endeavor doomed to failure. The Mounties always get their man, or small, nondescript furry mammal as the case may be.

o_bear_sand_mounties.jpg

:beerchug:

cheers
ken

I have read how good Nitrogen is and all, but I honestly just can't get past the fact that good old ordinary air is 78% notrogen to start with. I simply cannot conceive that the extra 20% or so of Nitrogen molecules can possible amount to anything significant compared to air. But then again, I've been wrong before.

CW

The biggest advantage with Nitro fill is the lack of water. The gas is completely dry, there is less rick for corrosion. The molecule itself is larger and less likley to slip through the pores of the rubber. At the same time.......I don't think that the extra 20% is worth the money.

That is highway robbery...

What you do get is a tire that does not go up in pressure as it heats.. outside of that, no big advantage..

If you want to relate that to "warm up times" I suppose a tire inflated at 36psi is going to warm up a bit faster than one at 40psi.. (nitrogen tire is going to be at 40psi from the start)

Honestly, I would put the money in something more useful... beer for instance...

Mmmmmmm....Beerrrrr,:thumbsup:

I have Nitrogen in my tires and I honestly can't tell the difference other than in 3 months time, no pressure has been lost. I have my own Nitrogen tank so it's not a cost factor to use it.

if you have a dive shop near you, you can get compressed air from them.. Dive air is dried out to prevent corrosion in the tanks (and makes for some nasty dry mouth)

Thanks for all the replies.. :thumbsup: I will pass all the info along to Pappy.. :beerchug:

It is a good idea if you want to hunt a place with nitrogen when you need a few pounds or need to get a flat repaired.
Not that big an advantage in a passenger car. Good idea for the Busa if you have a nitrogen bottle handy at the house when you need a pound or two.

You will have to add nitrogen once in a while, not nearly as often as plain air.
The nitrogen molecule is larger and does not weep through rubber as fast.

It has been used in aircraft and racing tires for a very long time.
I don't see it becoming wide spread in the passenger car market.

Our Nissan has it in three tires from the factory. (Wife picked up a nail and ruined a tire) No nitrogen where we bought the new tire.

I was going to get a bottle and run it in the busa, but the cost was $200 by the time I got the bottle and the regulator, bla bla bla.

I have a paid for air compressor that works fine.

Last edited:
Back