Indy Area ride (who's in)

dolilind

Registered
If the weekend before works better please let me know.

Here is what im thinking.

Meet up in indianpolis (speedway area, location to follow)in the morning. Head down to the south of state to hit some twisties and some scenic roads.
Shoot down 135, stop off in story for some lunch. Keep on down 135 to Salem. Then over to west on 60 to north on 50, north 0n 37 towards bloomington. up through bloomington out 46 west to 59 then pick up 42 on the way back for some more tight twisties up north 231 back to 36 east and head on back towards you.

That should run a whole day. If not more roads or changes to route will be added.

For those in TH area im planning on getting everyone together to leave out at 8:30am towards indy. Might have to pick other riders up on the way out of town.

Sounds like a great Saturday
beerchug.gif

sorry guys, had to work all this weekend...$20K big buck shootout..

Bad for me (Race weekend) here is my schedule for August:

1 (Fri) VICTORY HONDA FAST & FURIOUS! Presented by US Army.
Extreme Street racing from 6PM until 12AM. Rain date August 8th.
2 (Sat) BENSON MOTORCYCLES HARLEY DAVIDSON OF MUNCIE NIGHT! Free passes while they last at Benson Motorcycle of Muncie. Full race program and juniors w/Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.
6 (Wed) Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
9 (Sat) NIGHT OF FIRE!!! Presented by US Army, Texas Roadhouse, AAA Hoosier Motor Club and WERK Radio. JET SEMI, 2 Wheelstanders Running Side by Side, Jet Cars, Funny Cars Pro Mods and more.
Full race program and juniors. No track points. FIRE WORKS SHOW!!!
10 (Sun) RAIN DATE FOR NIGHT OF FIRE!!
13 (Wed) Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
16 (Sat) JUNIOR DRAGSTER CHALLENGE! Special NHRA trophy to the winner.
Full race program w/Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.
20 (Wed) Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
23 (Sat) NEWTON OIL-TORCO RACING SERIES Full race program and juniors w/ Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.
27 (Wed) Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
30 (Sat) NATIONAL DRAGSTER CHALLENGE! Winners in Super Pro, Pro & Sportsman will receive NHRA WALLY. Full race program and juniors w/Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.

Bad for me (Race weekend)  here is my schedule for August:  

1 (Fri)                     VICTORY HONDA FAST & FURIOUS! Presented by US Army.
Extreme Street racing from 6PM until 12AM. Rain date August 8th.
2 (Sat)                    BENSON MOTORCYCLES HARLEY DAVIDSON OF MUNCIE NIGHT! Free passes while they last at Benson Motorcycle of Muncie. Full race program and juniors w/Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.    
6 (Wed)                  Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
9 (Sat)                    NIGHT OF FIRE!!! Presented by US Army, Texas Roadhouse, AAA Hoosier Motor Club and WERK Radio. JET SEMI, 2 Wheelstanders Running Side by Side, Jet Cars, Funny Cars Pro Mods and more.
Full race program and juniors. No track points. FIRE WORKS SHOW!!!
10 (Sun)                                RAIN DATE FOR NIGHT OF FIRE!!
13 (Wed)               Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
16 (Sat)                 JUNIOR DRAGSTER CHALLENGE! Special NHRA trophy to the winner.
Full race program w/Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.
20 (Wed)               Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
23 (Sat)                NEWTON OIL-TORCO RACING SERIES Full race program and juniors w/ Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.
27 (Wed)               Ron Jones Auto Repair Wicked Wed! Testing & Trophy racing.
30 (Sat)                 NATIONAL DRAGSTER CHALLENGE! Winners in Super Pro, Pro & Sportsman will receive NHRA WALLY. Full race program and juniors w/Beavans Racing/BTE quick 8.
SHOCKED.gif

Thats one busy month

Yea, no kidding... but hey, I figure I am saving a ton of money by NOT racing... this weekend was pretty tough, sunburned, heat rash, blistered feet.. had to dry the track and lanes out twice after downpours and did not have dry clothes or shoes when done... MAJOR fail.... I left a spare of everything there today... the heat rash was the worst part..100% humidity at 95 degrees (track was 137 degrees) could barely walk by the end of the day..

Yea, no kidding...   but hey, I figure I am saving a ton of money by NOT racing...     this weekend was pretty tough, sunburned, heat rash, blistered feet..   had to dry the track and lanes out twice after downpours and did not have dry clothes or shoes when done... MAJOR fail....   I left a spare of everything there today...   the heat rash was the worst part..100% humidity at 95 degrees (track was 137 degrees)  could barely walk by the end of the day..
crazy.gif

I have plans to hit the Dragon with my family that weekend. I would prefer either the weekend before or after... But don't change plans on account of me alone, I can hit the next ride.

Keep me in the loop.

we could hook up Saturday night and ride Sunday? that shaves a bunch of time and miles for me..

Looks like "The Dark Knight" will be at the Imax at exit 10 too.... go from races, to Imax, and then check out the circle for bikes. (Guess friday is bike nights there?)

we could hook up Saturday night and ride Sunday? that shaves a bunch of time and miles for me..

Looks like "The Dark Knight" will be at the Imax at exit 10 too.... go from races, to Imax, and then check out the circle for bikes. (Guess friday is bike nights there?)
Dark Knight @ IMAX is awesome. That is actually where I was on the way home from when I went down Saturday.

we could hook up Saturday night and ride Sunday?  that shaves a bunch of time and miles for me..  

Looks like "The Dark Knight" will be at the Imax at exit 10 too....  go from races, to Imax, and then check out the circle for bikes. (Guess friday is bike nights there?)
Dark Knight at the Imax sounds SWEET.

Hey what yall say just make a weekender outta it?? ride the run i talked about on sat. Meet up at the IMAX and ride again sunday for the one's who can go sat.?
rock.gif

As long as i can find a place in INdy to keep my bikes i will be in for that. I will just crash at a relatives house out there.

Back