In the Dog House

(FalconTamer @ Jan. 14 2007,09:47) Thanks for clearing that up.  I guess I won't be doing it as soon as I thought.
the rear signals are the same as the front, so you won't be doing anything.
crazy.gif
when you get an undertail you'll have your stock tail light just sitting around. Maybe someone will donate one to ya

picked up the 1157 silver stars to see what it would look like. whatcha think. clear or amber?

1157_silver_stars_001.jpg

Rockadaous,

I don't quite understand...so help me out bro...

I get the part of using the stock rear taillight sockets...

Do you remove the stock turn signal socket and install the socket from the rear in its place??

If so, I understand that that would give you a steady "running light" on the front....BUT what about the turn signal then???
OR, are you saying to install the rear light socket into the turn signal housing also???( i.e. drilling a new hole to install the socket into??)

After all that, I understand you'll have running lights constantly on up there, but can you still see the blinker good when you hit the left/right turn signal???

Don't mean to sound retarded, just don't know if you install both sockets (making a total of four lights in the housing and what does it look like when you go to use the turn signals....

thanks for clearing up in advance..I think it would be a cool mod too...I LIKE the way it looked...like the amber silverstar best!! cool idea bud!!!

post_6_99456_100_3739copy.jpg

(coop65sr @ Feb. 22 2007,21:27) Rockadaous,

I don't quite understand...so help me out bro...

I get the part of using the stock rear taillight sockets...

Do you remove the stock turn signal socket and install the socket from the rear in its place??

If so, I understand that that would give you a steady "running light" on the front....BUT what about the turn signal then???
OR, are you saying to install the rear light socket into the turn signal housing also???( i.e. drilling a new hole to install the socket into??)

After all that, I understand you'll have running lights constantly on up there, but can you still see the blinker good when you hit the left/right turn signal???

Don't mean to sound retarded, just don't know if you install both sockets (making a total of four lights in the housing and what does it look like when you go to use the turn signals....

thanks for clearing up  in advance..I think it would be a cool mod too...I LIKE the way it looked...like the amber silverstar best!!  cool idea bud!!!
Take your stock tail light sockets and install them in place of your front signal's sockets. The sockets will have 3 wires coming out of them match 2 of the wires from the rear sockets to the same color wire that were originally hooked up to the front sockets, the last wire will hook up to the brown wire from the extra plug that is under the front cowl behind the gauge cluster (it has 2 wires in it just use the brown)

If you guys haven't installed an undertail, please don't remove or swap your brake light sockets with your front turn signals. Don't add extra sockets either.

this is for people with there stock tail light lay'n around or people who bough 1157 bulb sockets.

thanks 05lebusa for clearing that up
beerchug.gif

Story of my life, I wish they made a white filament running light and an amber filament turn in one bulb.

Just get some sockets from chevy rear turn or front running light. Dont remember what they cost but not $25 each. Hit a junk yard. As long as they take the 1157 bulb.

(heavybusa @ Feb. 28 2007,22:49) Story of my life, I wish they made a white filament running light and an amber filament turn in one bulb.
aren't the switchbacks made like that?

Back