In need of a good screw..!

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry to grab you like that..:laugh:No not that kind of screw either..:rofl:

Anybody out there have a couple passenger peg footpad retention screws I guess you would call them ? These are the screws that go into the bottom of passenger peg on 2008-09 Busa and hold rubber footpad on. One of mine froze in the peg and I stripped the head getting it out.:banghead: I had to cut a slot into it so I could get a good bite on it with a slotted screwdriver and now I need to replace it. They are like 1-2 bucks online but I have to pay $6.99 shipping. Is there anyone out there who can drop a couple new ones into a USPS envelope with a stamp and save me a few bucks before I order them ? Here are a couple of pics with it laid out on the peg so you can see the length. Thanks :thumbsup:

Hayabusa 011.jpg

Hayabusa 012.jpg

lowes or menards...save the stamp...its a common screw..look in the electricle section if you cant find it with hardware

NOBODY CARRIES METRIC 'ROUND HERE DURN IT !
I found one in stainless steel that was a close match but that was just it, it didn't .

Go to the hardware store and match it up with some new screws...replace all 4...so the heads match up. :thumbsup:

NOBODY CARRIES METRIC 'ROUND HERE DURN IT !
I found one in stainless steel that was a close match but that was just it, it didn't .

A True Value or a mom and pop hardware store.

Run up to Daytona Beach. There are like 400 fastner suppliers up there.

The head is too small ! Easily goes thru the hole....(That's what she said):rofl:

An allen head with a washer don't look right either. I need the same screws that go there. Button head phillips.

I found a place about 45 minutes from here. But by the time I'm home I may as well have spent the $6.99 on shipping and drank a Heinie !:laugh:

I am just hoping somebody has some laying around...:whistle:

Can't even find 4 decent ones that match to go in.. WTF is wrong with Palm Beach county !

Last edited:
A True Value or a mom and pop hardware store.

Run up to Daytona Beach. There are like 400 fastner suppliers up there.

+1 on the smaller hardware stores

they dont usually hire squids to hustle their tools and supplies

there is ALWAY someone around that can show you where the

$3per chrome bolts are :whistle: ACE rocks

Back