Grrr I dropped a screw....Grrr

txbikerdude

Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I pulled the 5 or so screws out and painted the outer ring of the gas cap, when I was putting it back on I dropped the last screw and it rolled down the front of the tank and fell into the engine area somewhere (the tank was closed so I know its not in the gas tank). I used a flashlight to try and find the screw but I cant find it anywhere. I am wondering if the aggrivation is going to get to me to where I pull the airbox completly off to find the screw. Is it worth it? Has anyone else done that?

turn the bike upside down and shake it out?
No? er, that's all I got.

I did.
I took one of those magnets on a stick and started fishing around and did manage to find it.
Good luck!

I dropped one of my tank bolts last time I worked on the bike. This is the way I see it. 1 turn the bike upside down and shake it out (as said LOL) 2 take the whole dam thing apart (in this case you will end up with that screw and 5 or so extras that you can figure out where they go back) or 3 kiss it good bye!

I really wish I could help but this is the 3rd time this bike has eaten a screw or bolt on me and I have never found a thing.

Bet it's right on the air box area. Lift the tank.

Have an old speaker magnet? (I keep a magnet on the tool box.) Stick a screwdriver on there for a few then fish it out.

r8

Pulling the airbox is a 5min ordeal, just tear it apart and find the screw.

I am in Enid OK, your not that far from me if you want me to come do it.LOL

Pulling the airbox is a 5min ordeal, just tear it apart and find the screw.

I am in Enid OK, your not that far from me if you want me to come do it.LOL

That's what I'm talkin about right there!

Now, I would buy a big bore kit if someone would do that for me. :thumbsup:

r8

Last week I was changing out my windscreen and one of the rubber screw holders fell into the fairing. It did'nt seem to fall far but I could not find it, I even removed the fairing bolts and still no luck! I finally got annoyed and decided to put it back together before I did something stupid. I took her off the rear stand and saw it fall out! Go figure!!:laugh:

I have an extra screw if you need one. It'll have to wait till after christmas though. I bet the screw that fell is laying ontop of the rubber heat shield. Check it out.

Yep, happened to me when I had the BKing apart. I had made an impulse buy at AutoZone, one of those LED flashlights with a magnetic "pointer" that comes out the middle for $5.

Best $5 I ever spent, just started sweeping the pointer around where I thought the screw might be and eventually it clicked on.

I have an extra screw if you need one. It'll have to wait till after christmas though. I bet the screw that fell is laying ontop of the rubber heat shield. Check it out.

"Ditto"....by one of the spark coils....snug as a bug in a rug....pull the airbox !

Back