I'm sick and tired of watching the news

Michael Moore makes movies. He is fond of doing National Enquirer type movies. He did one about banks giving away firearms for "anyone that opened a new account".

Yes as I've stated before, some guns need to be better controlled. Legally the guy in Wal-Mart was legally purchasing.

It's the what did he do later that we will never know.

Look I'm not gonna lie. Firearms have been stupidly good investments from an appreciating value concept. He could sit on those guns and double his money pretty easy.

That's part of the problem too.
I did a lot of time in the US training with US forces...I recall going into stores and people were walking around with slung ARs and holstered side arms...it was pretty eye opening to see as our society has had fairly strict gun controls for a long time...as for how they are carried, used and stored.

I also noticed the police operating in these areas were more on the edge and quite a bit less approachable than police in other areas I visited.

I did a lot of time in the US training with US forces...I recall going into stores and people were walking around with slung ARs and holstered side arms...it was pretty eye opening to see as our society has had fairly strict gun controls for a long time...as for how they are carried, used and stored.

I also noticed the police operating in these areas were more on the edge and quite a bit less approachable than police in other areas I visited.
I mean it happens (open carry). It's legal where I live and it was popular in Tx. I have never seen the cops overly nervous towards the open carrys. It is an open display of a license holder in many cases.

I prefer concealed carry personally. Less confrontational. Less deputization implied to stop a crime. It has sort of become a defacto deputization in some state to intervene to stop a crime.

No TY. I don't want to get into a shoot out with some crackhead robbing the convince store I just happened to stop and get a Slurpee in.

200.gif

Semi Autos, like an AR15, have been around since the 1800's.
Why now is it a problem?

Truth be told, we know why.
Society 'raises' the majority of kids today...not decent parents.
No morales or values, but highly skilled with video game guns, and also by majority...unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.
Everybody's a victim.
But, how can we complain when the legal system lets a POS shooter plead Not Guilty.
I'm no hero, don't want involved...but I'de have killed him had I had the chance.
1. He deserves it.
2. Our tax dollars should not have to support said POS.

Truth be told, we know why.
Society 'raises' the majority of kids today...not decent parents.
No morales or values, but highly skilled with video game guns, and also by majority...unwilling to take responsibility for their own actions.
Everybody's a victim.
But, how can we complain when the legal system lets a POS shooter plead Not Guilty.
I'm no hero, don't want involved...but I'de have killed him had I had the chance.
1. He deserves it.
2. Our tax dollars should not have to support said POS.
I am a gun guy, I've been trained to handle and use rifles and shotguns since I was a young gaffer....

I spent most of my life carrying a weapon and using them.

The issue with weapons like AR15s is the availability and lack of control on them getting into the wrong hands. AR15s and platforms similar to them are so deadly because of quick and easy magazine changes which allows them to put down large amounts of fire power in a short time frame.

I'm not a fan of weapon bans like we have here, banning weapons doesn't mean the bad guys who really want them can get them and none of our mass shootings have ever been conducted by any lawful gun owners so it's a clear indication banning guns isn't effective.

I absolutely agree that society raises kids, and society as a whole has no morals, ethics or respect anymore.

Last edited:
Why now is it a problem?
Semi auto weapons were far and few between and not readily available until the late 20th century...Armies fought with bolt action rifles in both world wars and even the US entered the war with bolt action Springfield rifles until the M1 was issued.

AR15s and similar platforms are being pumped into civilian markets like never before. They are inexpensive and easily modulated to accommodate large capacity magazines with full metal jacket military grade rounds.

One of the issues with these sorts of weapons is the police must maintain an equal amount of firepower that they may potentially encounter.....their standard 12g shot guns just aren't enough anymore.

I am a gun guy, I've been trained to handle and use rifles and shotguns since I was a young gaffer....

I spent most of my life carrying a weapon and using them.

The issue with weapons like AR15s is the availability and lack of control on them getting into the wrong hands. AR15s and platforms similar to them are so deadly because of quick and easy magazine changes which allows them to put down large amounts of fire power in a short time frame.

I'm not a fan of weapon bans like we have here, banning weapons doesn't mean the bad guys who really want them can't get them and none of our mass shootings have ever been conducted by any lawful gun owners so it's a clear indication banning guns isn't effective.

I absolutely agree that society raises kids, and society as a whole has no morals, ethics or respect anymore.

I agree with all of that, am pro-gun, and began learning safe shooting at 7.
I do have to laugh at the media's portrayal of AR-15's though.
How many other platforms and calibers are out there that are just as, if not more dangerous, in terms of range and damage? Alot.
Not that I'de want to go against a rifle with a shotgun either, and not to give horrible ideas, but you know very well the damage a shotgun does in close quarters..like where most of these shootings happen.
Or a 5 round semi-auto 30.0 6
That round is going through a few people, and alot of armor.
I think the AR 'scare' is just more bs the left is using to try and take away guns.

I agree with all of that, am pro-gun, and began learning safe shooting at 7.
I do have to laugh at the media's portrayal of AR-15's though.
How many other platforms and calibers are out there that are just as, if not more dangerous, in terms of range and damage? Alot.
Not that I'de want to go against a rifle with a shotgun either, and not to give horrible ideas, but you know very well the damage a shotgun does in close quarters..like where most of these shootings happen.
Or a 5 round semi-auto 30.0 6
That round is going through a few people, and alot of armor.
I think the AR 'scare' is just more bs the left is using to try and take away guns.
Years ago it used to be the AK which was the symbol of terror and destruction....now it's the AR's turn as there are just so many variants of this platform all over the world (there are millions of AKs out there too).

There are other weapon platforms with similar capabilities but the AR stands out as it is just so readily available and has been used in so many negative encounters as well as mass shootings.

Sadly the politicians and law makers HAVE to do something.......gun violence on the uptick even in my country....tax payers expect the government to do something...although there's not much that can be done as the US is super-saturated with weapons in the hands of it's citizens.

Years ago it used to be the AK which was the symbol of terror and destruction....now it's the AR's turn as there are just so many variants of this platform all over the world (there are millions of AKs out there too).

There are other weapon platforms with similar capabilities but the AR stands out as it is just so readily available and has been used in so many negative encounters as well as mass shootings.

Sadly the politicians and law makers HAVE to do something.......gun violence on the uptick even in my country....tax payers expect the government to do something...although there's not much that can be done as the US is super-saturated with weapons in the hands of it's citizens.

Agree again.
I'm obviously not weapons savy and experienced like you are obviously either.
I do like an AR, but my limited knowledge and experience with them says that they are a precision instrument, very accurate, and to be kept well maintained at all times(I have only shot an AR .223, .556, and .308).
Vs my Romanian AK(7.62×39)...aka my Swiss army knife (also in my pocket right now, and since 7, lol).
Not the range or accuracy of an AR, but able to withstand alot of abuse and still fire every time.
And mine comes with 75 tries, lmao!
I'm glad my old terrorist rifle isn't scary or talked about anymore...and that the newfangled tech has stolen the show, lol.

In very general terms....

I believe at the beginning of this problem of violence in recent times got started when more mothers entered the workplace as the 1 breadwinner lifestyle for families started dwindling. This meant that less time was invested into raising kids by people that cared about what children were exposed too. Consider how long the TV has been used as a babysitter for kids going back to the 60s. The medias exposure to violence by impressionable children is a net negative and has glorified bad behavior while being accepted into American culture as entertainment. Kids are magnets for new information that shapes how they see the world and how they think and act.... again... in general terms.

In very general terms....

I believe at the beginning of this problem of violence in recent times got started when more mothers entered the workplace as the 1 breadwinner lifestyle for families started dwindling. This meant that less time was invested into raising kids by people that cared about what children were exposed too. Consider how long the TV has been used as a babysitter for kids going back to the 60s. The medias exposure to violence by impressionable children is a net negative and has glorified bad behavior while being accepted into American culture as entertainment. Kids are magnets for new information that shapes how they see the world and how they think and act.... again... in general terms.
I agree with that...parents spending less and less times instilling values and morality into their children.

Then the introduction of social media and intense video games all mashed into the impressionable young person...there have been studies where people have been exposed to violent but realistic video games for long periods...their brain scans were very similar to a soldier who has experienced combat.

.....and the demise of morality and ethics in young people will only grow...

Agree again.
I'm obviously not weapons savy and experienced like you are obviously either.
I do like an AR, but my limited knowledge and experience with them says that they are a precision instrument, very accurate, and to be kept well maintained at all times(I have only shot an AR .223, .556, and .308).
Vs my Romanian AK(7.62×39)...aka my Swiss army knife (also in my pocket right now, and since 7, lol).
Not the range or accuracy of an AR, but able to withstand alot of abuse and still fire every time.
And mine comes with 75 tries, lmao!
I'm glad my old terrorist rifle isn't scary or talked about anymore...and that the newfangled tech has stolen the show, lol.
The AR family are pretty robust and I've personally exposed my military weapon to lots of serious abuse and it has never failed me...ever....

The 5.56mm round was a bit of a let down at times....now the US is moving to a 6.8mm round, it won't take long for NATO to follow..

Even the Ruskies switched to a 5.45 round a few years back...I wonder if they regretted that move now....

Why now is it a problem?
The problem is. That's not the truth. Buts that your problem.

We didn't everyone run around with the .45 Thompson sub machine gun in the early 1900s?

Or the Gatling gun in the 1800s?

They were, illegal, expensive, hard to come by and anyone who had one were either illegal as in criminals or licensed to do own one.

None of these circumstances exist in the last 40ish years.

The problem is. That's not the truth. Buts that your problem.

We didn't everyone run around with the .45 Thompson sub machine gun in the early 1900s?

Or the Gatling gun in the 1800s?

They were, illegal, expensive, hard to come by and anyone who had one were either illegal as in criminals or licensed to do own one.

None of these circumstances exist in the last 40ish years.
Not the truth? WTH are you talking about!?!?! There were most certainly detachable box magazine semi autos in the 1800's

I do not see "everyone" running around with any type of weapon - I might see a Mom with a pepper spray key chain at the checkout counter.

And it was not illegal until 1934, and even then it was not illegal. No problem buying a machine gun right now - legal of course. Just takes lots of $ for the full auto and almost a year for the background checks.

No crime has ever been committed with a legally owned machine gun. Indeed very little crime is committed with any type of long arm of any type. But WTH does reality make - we gotta do something for the children right? lol

Not the truth? WTH are you talking about!?!?! There were most certainly detachable box magazine semi autos in the 1800's

I do not see "everyone" running around with any type of weapon - I might see a Mom with a pepper spray key chain at the checkout counter.

And it was not illegal until 1934, and even then it was not illegal. No problem buying a machine gun right now - legal of course. Just takes lots of $ for the full auto and almost a year for the background checks.

No crime has ever been committed with a legally owned machine gun. Indeed very little crime is committed with any type of long arm of any type. But WTH does reality make - we gotta do something for the children right? lol
This might sound really, really crazy but I agree with your last line...no crime is committed with legally owned firearms and more are committed with hand guns.

There were very few semi automatic weapons with detachable box magazines in the 1800's and they were very expensive and unreliable-the ammo used black power at that time and these early semi-autos suffered from many malfunctions. The first modern detachable mag semi auto rifle was made around 1908 or so. The German Luger was made in the 1890s and it was the first to be semi auto with a detachable mag.

The AR platform is so dangerous because of the ability to change mags so quickly, a good shooter even on semi auto can put down a lot of firepower using an AR.

People used to talk about the AK as the benchmark assault rifle and they surpass the AR in production numbers but they are not as accurate, reliable or able to change mags as quickly.

Why crazy? It is a fact - that's all.

The still modern and a fantastic weapon is the 45 Automatic.... Patented in the late 1800's...another fact.

and it will change out it's box mag as easy as the AR platform's box mag. But then one could just carry several guns and not need to reload at all.

When one needs to outfit an army, AK's at $100 a pop makes it a go to weapon. I too have seen lots of them "so loose they don;t jam" rifles jam an awful lot!

Why crazy? It is a fact - that's all.

The still modern and a fantastic weapon is the 45 Automatic.... Patented in the late 1800's...another fact.

and it will change out it's box mag as easy as the AR platform's box mag. But then one could just carry several guns and not need to reload at all.

When one needs to outfit an army, AK's at $100 a pop makes it a go to weapon. I too have seen lots of them "so loose they don;t jam" rifles jam an awful lot!
Yes, the 1911 is a great platform according to the Gun Digest it was patented in 1910..., the Browning High Point is just as robust and been around along time as well.

It's hard to compare an AR to a side arm...the .45cal 1911 holds 8 rounds where as the general high cap mag for the AR is 30...

When it comes to cost per copy, AKs are not $100 per weapon unless they are old and almost wore out and you get what you pay for. The AR will out-gun an AK, and lay down much more firepower due to the rapid ability to change mags, I've used both in combat and the AK was nowhere near as good as an AR.

Even the Taliban threw away their loved AKs when they got their hands on the M4s the ANA/ANP left behind.

Back