Tired of being sick and Tired

Rhythm

http://www.youtube.com/us
Donating Member
Registered
Ok folks I know you guys are sick and tired or being sick and tired of seeing (reading) these racial topics or should I say the outcome. But since they're here to stay this will be my last stand defending myself and the rest of the black board members here.

I wanted to make a new topic on this because I know everyone has had it with the I'm very disapointed thread

Heres my last response I posted to the latest response about the word ****** being used.

g17  
New Recruit

Group: Donating Member
Lexington, KY
 Posted on: Nov. 25 2006,19:39        

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I don't see it anymore wrong for him to say ****** than if a black said it. All I can say is so what? Let's all fall apart and go cry in a corner because someone said a word we didn't like. An individual would have to be of limited mentality to allow a word/name to upset them to such an extent. Call me what you will and I still know who I am and my worth. BTW, the word originates from the word nigra, which happens to mean black. [/Quote]

Rhythm  
Hayabusa Immortal

Group: Members
Col,OH
 Posted on: Nov. 25 2006,20
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats just it, you dont see, cause you dont won't to, so lets just leave it at that. No matter how we or I try to explain it, you just dont get or dont want to understand. Just like alot of thing until it happen to you. For one example before 911 I would always hear mainly my white brothers and sisters  make the comment to black people about slavery saying just let it go and forget about it. Well when 911 came around and the shoe was on the other foot everybody (whites)wanted to remember the day and to never forget. Why? So it would never happen again. Maybe, just maybe if you take the time to re read through some of the responses you might get a glimpse of why the word is looked down on by respectable black americans.
But like always we (black americans) are bundle up in a group based on a few ignorant individual using the word ******. Have times really changed ?

Dont think so, well how many of my white  brotha and sistaz here in Busaland  ever heard me or any other known black use the word ****** here on this site jokingly or seriously towards anyone here, think real hard know ?  Now think how many times a racial topic comes up  someone will always say well you guys are always calling each other that N word, so why do you get mad when the shoe is on the other foot.  Personally I cant speak for them but I'm sure everyone here knows how the black people here feel about the word ****** being used, that it is unacceptable and would atleast appreciate to know that you guys respect how we feel  and not group us up with ignorant  white or blacks that use the word comfortably.  

I feel we have a pretty tight knit family here at the .Org and hate to see it fall apart because of some outside bullshid or instigators the leak through periodically trying to stir shid up.

I'm done with this thread !!!!!!!!

why doesn't eveyone just keep their opinions to themselves and go on about busa's. I am white, have many of black, spanish, indian, etc. friends/co-workers. There are some white guys I don't like, there are some black guys I don't like.... One of the hardest working guys in my crew is black and one of the dumbest is white.... I was raised by my grandfather and he was very "old school" about the white/black thing, but it didn't take me very long to realize that there is no difference between us.
beerchug.gif
to a good friendship with everyone.

Ty I feel for ya Bro...I wish we could remove that word and few others
sad.gif

at the end of the day it doesn't matter where a word came from, how it evolved into what it is now, or who else uses it...i have to take responsibility for my own actions and treat other people the way i would want to be treated myself...i lived in the South as a teenager and heard all of the rationalizations of why it wasn't wrong to call someone a word that has such a long and negative background...in time, i realized that they were all just excuses...for some reason, a lot of people feel they can lift themselves up by putting others down but only end up desroying themselves and hurting those around them...what a shame that we allow ourselves to be divided by prejudice, ignorance, and stupidity...there are enough problems in this world without us fighting among ourselves!!!!!

I gotta reply to this. I have many black friends and they constantly use the word among themselves, yet I have never once used it. I asked one such friend about it, how exactly is it that if a white guy called them the N word they'd be upset but they use it all the time as if they were talking to their brother. He replied "Because when we use it, we take it from the racists and make it our own. It loses it's power and becomes something else". And that is why I never use it. It's not my place to use it and I respect that. It is a concept that some people will never understand. Some chose to never use the word, I respect that also. I guess it all comes down to if it's used in a hateful maner or in one of friendship.

ty i have to agree with you i get tired of it to.
i`m a white guy from just outside detroit.
there are stupid racist bigot people of all colors and religions. it makes me sick to listen to it.
things will never change, unless we change. dont bread hate! it starts at home.
hate is learned. its ok not to like a person, but not everyone becouse of their color. there is good and bad in all races!
in my home we do not have a place for hate of anyone, because of color or religion.

as far as the word goes. the topic should have been dumped and the person who typed it should have been warned.
if he typed the F word it would have got blocked. right?

guns.gif
ingorant people
we dont all have to hold hands but we have to stop looking at what color a person first and what type of person he is second

everbody is my brother and sister, race does not matter to me.
i live for the lord and love each person.
ranman is right about his statement, good write up

Rhythm,

I agree whole heartedly. I don't care what color a person is or what their country of origin may be. If we can treat each other as humans with just a little respect and friendship we would all be better off.
The best friend I have in the world is a black man and if I had it available to post I would show you a picture of him standing beside me in my wedding as my best man.
The only time color should matter here is when we are trying to decide which one is the fastest. One of these days maybe we can ride together and I will show you that the 06 BLACK and grey IS the fastest.

Ride on and don't sweat the stupid people!!!

Ty,
I just went in and added every form of that word (that I could think of) to the database as a word to be replaced... if someone manages to post it up, they will have had to try specifically to do it, demonstrating a tremendous lack of respect for fellow members... so, if I see it, it wil be gone - and along with it will come a "cooling off" for the offender....
If I am on a power trip, then so be it, but I don't see how ANY member of this board has the right to blatently disrespect other members....
We say that when someone complains the content goes away. Well, consider this a blanket complaint from me. Call it keyboard muscle if you want to - but everyone one here deserves better than the throwing of racial slurs and epithets....

Don't like it? Think 'ole MCM is outside the box on this one? Take it up with CAp or one of the other Admins... 'cause I won't even discuss this one.

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 26 2006,09:12) Ty,
I just went in and added every form of that word (that I could think of) to the database as a word to be replaced...  if someone manages to post it up, they will have had to try specifically to do it, demonstrating a tremendous lack of respect for fellow members... so, if I see it, it wil be gone - and along with it will come a "cooling off" for the offender....
If I am on a power trip, then so be it, but I don't see how ANY member of this board has the right to blatently disrespect other members....
We say that when someone complains the content goes away.  Well, consider this a blanket complaint from me.  Call it keyboard muscle if you want to - but everyone one here deserves better than the throwing of racial slurs and epithets....

Don't like it?  Think 'ole MCM is outside the box on this one?   Take it up with CAp or one of the other Admins... 'cause I won't even discuss this one.
this is why the captain made you a moderator
you have a good insight for others.

define insight =
The capacity to discern the true nature of a situation
The act or outcome of grasping the inward or hidden nature of things or of perceiving in an intuitive manner.

Good for you MC. I did not read the post. Dont plan on it. Saw the vid and could not believe what was said. To bad he is already rich, nobody should ever give him another penny.
guns.gif
any racist.
guns.gif
or terrorist.

guns.gif

Ty, I agree with you on this one.....

I was raised not to judge someone by their looks, but what they do.

This just shows how the Busa can make everybody come together as one! It's a shame that mechanical things are to only thing that can bring PEACE and Understanding, for something so obvious. We suppose to come from the same blood line, with a few mods, but once we get together BIG things happen! Keep up the good work to bring humans together, fellow Busa-ologist
bowdown.gif

George Carlin once said this in one of his shows (edited out profanity):

(He mentioned about every racial word up to this point)
There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of those words in and of themselves. They're only words. It's the context that counts. It's the user. It's the intention behind the words that makes them good or bad. The words are completely neutral. The words are innocent. I get tired of people talking about bad words and bad language. Bulls***! It's the context that makes them good or bad. The context. That makes them good or bad. For instance, you take the word "N****r." There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "N****r" in and of itself. It's the racist a**hole who's using it that you ought to be concerned about! We don't mind when Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? Because we know they're not racist. They are N*****s! Context. Context. We don't mind their context because we know they're black. Hey, I know I'm whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, motherf****r myself. Don't bother my ass. They're only words. You can't be afraid of words that speak the truth, even if it's an unpleasant truth, like the fact that there's a bigot and a racist in every living room on every street corner in this country.

I happen to agree.

all_coholic.gif

Here Here MCM!

Good idea.  Race, color, and breeding are inconsequential and should be treated as such. They may only be words but words can ignite a firestorm of hatred and controversy. Remove the hateful ones!

The only color that matters is the color of your 'Busa.

In a perfect world everyone would have common sense enough to not be upset if somebody called them an ugly word. Also... in a perfect world... people wouldn't kill each other just because they don't believe in the same god.

all_coholic.gif

(Spike @ Nov. 27 2006,08:17)
all_coholic.gif

Here Here MCM!

Good idea. Race, color, and breeding are inconsequential and should be treated as such. They may only be words but words can ignite a firestorm of hatred and controversy. Remove the hateful ones!

The only color that matters is the color of your 'Busa.
"The only color that matters is the color of your 'Busa", Good One! But, we have to come together as one, and practice what we preach, the enemy is just around the corner! Take it from a military man! If we have nothing to preach about America in the schools, the Busa ain't going to help us and being racist is the last thing we need!!

(MC MUSTANG @ Nov. 26 2006,07:12) Ty,
I just went in and added every form of that word (that I could think of) to the database as a word to be replaced...  if someone manages to post it up, they will have had to try specifically to do it, demonstrating a tremendous lack of respect for fellow members... so, if I see it, it wil be gone - and along with it will come a "cooling off" for the offender....
We say that when someone complains the content goes away.  Well, consider this a blanket complaint from me.  Call it keyboard muscle if you want to - but everyone one here deserves better than the throwing of racial slurs and epithets....

Don't like it?  Think 'ole MCM is outside the box on this one?   Take it up with CAp or one of the other Admins... 'cause I won't even discuss this one.
Thanks Shawn
beerchug.gif

Back