I'm really enjoying my BMW R1200GS and just wanted to share.

Nice! I have a Vstrom for my commuter, personally the adventure bikes are the best bikes out there I believe. They do everything. Like a swiss army knife of motorcycles! :D

DesiertoAltar1_zpsf92cc1b2.jpg

The first really interesting thing I found in Mexico in regard to scenery. This is at the entrance to the Altar Desert eastbound out of Tijuana.

DesiertoAltar2_zps25fe4efc.jpg

A nice pano.

DesiertoAltar4_zpsbb15c1f4.jpg

Looked and looked and finally found a beautiful Sahuaro Cactus and suitable location to pose the GS.

DesiertoAltar5_zpsa35e2925.jpg

Damn, he caught me slippin'. I was having such a good time enjoying the scenery that I failed to be alert to the possibility of a Highway Tax Collector.

DesiertoAltar3_zps1c9c2875.jpg

Must be my charm and wit but these guys really were nice people and even gave me a cigarette after allowing the Selfie.

HermosilloCerroCampana_zps54f1117a.jpg

When I made it to Hermosillo, Sonora I had to go up on the Cerro de la Campana and take a panoramic picture.

HermosilloMercadoMunicipal_zps1285acce.jpg

What better place to get groceries beside the Mercado Municipal.

More pics to come.

you got more balls then i do. No freakn way would I step one single foot in Mexico

nice bike though

you got more balls then i do. No freakn way would I step one single foot in Mexico

nice bike though

Don't believe everything you see on the news. That all is designed to scare pansy asses from being tourists down here. It is our government's way of stimulating the economy of the US Virgin Islands and Hawaii. Mexico is as chill as I have ever known it. Of course, I won't go around poking my nose in valleys I do not belong in so that is my safety net. No riding on the open road at night either.

I wouldn't go alone to Mexico but you seem to have a good handle on it and if your "dad" lives there
then you must feel right at home. Probably helps if your fluent in espanol too, right?

So did you buy the El Camino in Mexico and you want to bring it back to the US?
Painting errors. :banghead: Guess they didn't use the no runs, no drips, no errors kind of spray cans. :rofl:

Be safe - posts more images when you can - looks like a great ride with great weather.
Didn't see any speed limit signs. :whistle:

Red, My father moved down to this area around ten years ago after he and my mother divorced. It took a while but he seems to be comfortable here. Also, it is easier to enjoy living down here as an old single man when you have an 18 Year old girl that comes by to "Help around the house with the chores"..

Robert, I'm wearing some tight wranglers just for you bad boy.

Glad your Father is happy - the cost of living is less there, no?
Post more pictures if you can.

How long do you expect to be in Mexico?

It is turning into a permanent trip. If I get lucky enough to register my citizenship here, I will find a killer job in no time with my languages skills and experience. Might be better off in Mexico City since there are more Slavic consulates there. English, Spanish, Croatian-Serbian-Bosnian would serve me well there.

This is the Cerro de la campana in Hermosillo, the main attraction per say.
IphoneBackup04Aug14147_zps84dc83bb.jpg

Dad and I on the Cerro de la Campana..
IphoneBackup04Aug14125_zps72dd6795.jpg

This is a view from the top of the Cerro.
IphoneBackup04Aug14130_zpsbd40aa02.jpg

At the Mercado Municipal with my father at High Noon on one of the hottest days around.. Note the sweat..
IphoneBackup04Aug14150_zpsc59f2a49.jpg

About to get the carne asada going at my cousin's house.
IphoneBackup04Aug14137_zpse3b0b8b8.jpg

It is the rainy season and so far there have been six significant rains.. Two more than normal...
IphoneBackup04Aug14216_zpsf90d29ac.jpg

Not sure why but I think this dog is really cool.
IphoneBackup04Aug14189_zps76a02a21.jpg

Had to have the obligatory Tecate with Lime..
IphoneBackup04Aug14168_zps523beeec.jpg

If a girl you just met tells you that her ex likes to start trouble and beat her on the drive home, drop her at the nearest gas station instead. SMH
IphoneBackup04Aug14162_zps2fda8f37.jpg

Having a cup of coffee with my uncle and Cousin in Law..
IphoneBackup04Aug14159_zps06167e6b.jpg

This was on the way from Tijuana to Mexicali and the view point is on the infamous "La Rumorosa" a legendary stretch of highway that snakes up and over a mountain range comprised of boulders. Breathtaking and historically deadly.
IphoneBackup04Aug14105_zps8d2e9e3f.jpg

This is the entrance to the Magnificent Desierto Altar national park..
IphoneBackup04Aug14111_zpsb6bacb27.jpg

There were cool and unusual wildlife warning signs. This is the highlight since it was a grouping. But there were signs for deer, antelope, lizards, hares, snakes, scorpions, tarantulas and others if I recall. Would have lost hours shooting all the signs..
IphoneBackup04Aug14108_zps4720140a.jpg

If you are ever in Tijuana, do not ever walk into this place with cash. You will leave it all there. Trust me gents.
IphoneBackup04Aug14097_zpsd9a7480d.jpg

Do as I say, not as I do.
IphoneBackup04Aug14098_zpsd98ad4ca.jpg

And this is the entire reason I came down here. Not working at present so I figured I would wait until they corrected the paint issues..
IphoneBackup04Aug14093_zps9b703ecf.jpg

I made a friend of the Police Commander here in Town after the shovel wielding maniac incident.
HermosilloaBahiaKinocomandante_zps1c3eb0ff.jpg

So, he said, "Hey, let's take the bikes to Bahia Kino on Sunday to visit my colleague that has a beach house there." My thoughts were... "Why not".
BahiaKino1_zpsf547dd8b.jpg

Then I find out he is not a fan of the beach due to the heat and humidity but I was not going to waste a good trip to the beach without jumping in, swimsuit or not.. Rolled up Joe's Jeans did the trick.
BahiaKino2_zps2891983e.jpg

So, when it rains around here, its a big deal and the kids love to get a splash on the road
IphoneBackup04Aug14229_zps6a6b4471.jpg

My nieces out in the warm summer rain... Danna on the left is a little Diva.. Gives me so much vogue..
IphoneBackup04Aug14221_zpsf2ed116b.jpg

Here she is.. Danna.. So cute..
IphoneBackup04Aug14199_zps9de00681.jpg

And this is my cousin Karina.. Her lovely mother with another on the way..
IphoneBackup04Aug14195_zps29dfb12c.jpg

shovel wielding maniac incident?
Can you explain this?

Excellent pictures and write up.

Yo entiendo un poco espanol but can't hold a conversation yet.
Being able to speak the language is half the battle just like when they come here.
Your lucky that you can speak (3) languages so no problema para tu.

Are you taking all these pictures with your phone? If so, what one as they do look good.

The chief of police has a Gold Wing - how cool is that. :laugh:

One more thing - they say not to drink the water there - but coffee is alright ? ???

Back