Test ride in Bay Area

MiltReeder

Registered
I currently own two bikes: a BMW 1200RT that I use to get to work and ride my wife on, and a Honda CBR1000RR which is use for...fun, of course. I just got the CBR and love it so know I'm thinking of selling the BMW and getting a more sport touring bike.

Where can I get a test ride in the Bay Area (live in Oakland and work in SF)? I would love to check this bike out?

Milt
newbie.gif

I'd check with the local Suzuki dealers! Where I live they won't do it because they have had too many test rides last too long (years)

I live in Marin and bought mine at marin cycleworks, was there recently and they had 4 on the floor-2 new and 2 used, one of them was a 99 unrestricted model and 2 or 3 in their warehouse,  call them.

http://www.marincycleworks.com/

Heck the dealer in my area wont even start up a used one for you
mad.gif

Just one of my many complaints, they suck bad...

No test rides here either. To much liability. They wont even let you sit on one unless they have a reasonable idea that you intend to buy one.

I was able to sit on both my bikes b4 I bought them. I even got to test drive one of them.

Went to a stealer once. They let you sit on one and I asked about a test ride. They told me sign all the paperwork, buy the bike, take it down the street and back. If you don't like it, bring it back and we tear up the paperwork. Drop it and it's yours.

Thought that was fair.

Here they say they drain the gas out of the used ones, and don't even test the new ones until purchase. They assemble and put on the floor. The one guy I talked too said, "If you want to buy a busa you should already know what your getting into, or your not ready for one". I bought mine the next day!
super.gif

BMW will let you test ride the K1200s its a nice ride for shore.. Just not as good looking as the Busa and the after market world is not even close..

I too own a Beemer (K100rs)as well as the Busa..

Heck I'll let test ride my Busa anytime your in Il.,Just call 1st.
laugh.gif

Make some friends, they will let you ride their bike for the sake of converting you to Busa world.
I would.

Dealers around here will let you test drive used if you have an M endorcement. But no riding the new ones.

After stopping at my local dealer in Fairfield, I noticed a new Busa on the floor had road grime and skuffing on the tires.

If you can talk the talk, you can get a ride on a Busa. Those with pimple faces need not apply.
laugh.gif

My dealer let me test ride mine in July of 05. I signed all the papers, gave him my money, and I have been test riding it ever since.
smile.gif

Back