I'm jinxed right now

onerabidshark

Donating Member
Registered
after letting my bike slip down on its side sunday night I figured i'd take it out for little ride monday evening with a girlfriend of mine went down to a little S curve (real tight) not far from my house I haven't been on in a while cut apex close to shoulder between last time I was on it and this time the asphalt has been ate away and left a real deep hole with sharp asphalt edges hit it about 35-40 bang bang both tires and wheels ruined in a half a second, My friend was like "I am so sorry for your bike"  I don't think she understood when I was like F the bike to do that in a curve and not get us both hurt was Like winning the lottery      I am safe    She is safe  could you not ask for more          and if anyone has any wheels they are trying to get rid of let me know I have posted in the classifieds already        P.S.   can I borrow someones rabbit foot

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121227338 -->

That was a close call .. No , you can't have my rabbits foot , you'd probably break it ..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

wow.gif
Sorry about that...if you didn't have bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all...
smile.gif

Maybe you'd better stay indoors for a few days until the curse wears off. Seriously, you're attitude about the whole thing is right on. From your description, 9 out of 10 riders would have lost control. Sounds like your skills and experience dramatically lowered your repair bill... and medical costs.

thanx everyone, yea not being hurt in that one is unreal I went back and looked at the hole about 2.5 feet long 1 foot deep and straight down edges on the asphalt I got my fingers crossed NitrousJunkie has a set of tires and wheels I am waiting on his email, on the weird side I was looking at my front shocks and checking bike out for any other damage none noticeable, and I sat on it It feels pretty good lowered actually very nice may have to lower her but for all the scrapeing I had to hear getting her in the garage I probablly won't

I meant to recommend pursuing a claim with the town. Take photos of the crack and damages. You should eventually get paid. Get three estimates and submit them with your photos.

Good news wheels being sent as we speak 330.00 tmd(work) new tires and switching it all over should be back riding thursday or friday. I was looking at the bike really found out how hard I hit back tire came up hit undertail knocked all the plastic rivets that connect rear fender to undertail I looked and looked cannot see any other damage I hope it stays that way. I still think its a good trade out 5-800 for repairs vs two healthy people(esp her)

Back