IF YOU USE PAYPAL!!!

cache

Banned
a new paypal member alerted me that 6 days after he donated via Paypal, he received an erronious charge of $250.00

If you ever get an email from paypal that states "YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED" or anything to that effect and requires you to login and fix your problem... IT IS NOT PAYPAL!!!! Do not click on the link!

Paypal Security Info

Please read the above statement!

I assure you Paypal is safe to use if used properly. many of us have bought/sold/recieved/sent thousands and thousands of dollars with no problems. Just be safe!!!

I got that too...but the fugwads sent it to a different email account.

Fuggin losers...I hate scammers.

guns.gif
scammers
moderator.gif

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123812389 -->

I get them daily... and delete them daily. Sad thing is they keep sending them out and people keep falling for it. If Paypal and Ebay ( owned by the same people ) would actually make themselves available by phone I guarandamntee the scam sucess rate would drop by 75%. I suspect Older newbies are mostly the victims but there are some younger non thinkers that fall for it as well. They have no access to the people that run the sites other than e-mail that is as dependable as an ethiopian pizza delivery guy!
Read think and read again. If all else fails connect to the site via your favorites tab and search for whatever they claim the problem / procedure that needs attention.

I think the easiest way to tell immediately is if the email isn't directed to you personally, then its a faker.

'Dear Member,' just delete it!

I keep getting those scammer eMails all the time... just ignore em!!

Fugging scammers
mad.gif

my dads ebay account is wrong,coz he is getting writing saying he's gotta amend his infomation,but we dont understand it so we left it.all his info was fine
rock.gif

NEVER give info via the link. If you want to make certain, visit Paypal.com or whatever it may be directly NOT via the link.

I got those from claimers to be UPS, Yahoo!, EBay, and PAYPAL. Mine said towards the bottom, the site is not running this program at the moment so I have to do it via the link. I knew there and then it was a fraud.

I wrote things such as my name being "Kiss my @$$", address was "1212 F--K you Ave." and things of that nature. Once they see this, they know YOU know its a scam and will more than likely stop. If you simply delete them, they'll assume you haven't gotten them and will try again and again ...

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123847993 -->

what is actual paypal address is it httPS//www.paypal.com or httP//www.paypal.com ?

Yeah, I got burned.  
sad.gif

blush.gif
Was careful too. I closed web browser and reopened and went to what I thought was PayPal.com. Caught it quick but credit card company was sleeping at switch. Got in touch with Cache about 10 minutes after charge surfaced to advise him. Anyway, cc company let about 50 charges go by in the interim. AND it was after I told them to close account.

PayPal does send e-mail addressed to you personally, not just "Dear PayPal user", those were easy to catch.
Guess being a Noob don't help either...
Scammers got to go.
mad.gif

I always get the one that says your paypal account needs to be upgraded. I've always ignored and deleted them .

Yeah and every time you get an email like that, report it to spoof@paypal.com.  Also when you click on the link look at the http address.  If it doesn't say paypal.com it's a HOAX!!!
If I remember correctly that their was a way to "trick" the browser at the top to say one thing when actually you were looking at the spoofed page.  Not sure if it was actually fixed.

The most secure way of doing it is typing it in yourself and not following links provided.

I got that kind of email several times and actually looked at the link to see where it went and it goes to some of the wall ip address. I alerted Paypal on both occassions and was told it would be looked into. Got to be careful these days.

Yes, this happened to me, and I am a hell of lot smarter than the action that I took. The email address and everything looked legit, and since I use ebay all the time I believed it. I gave them everything, ss #, pin #, I am embarrassed to say. They emptied my checking account, and who knows what they are doing now!!! I did get the money back, almost 5000, but scary man. If this happened to you, you need to contact you credit bureaus, all three of them, and put a fraud protection complaint on your account!! seriously do this!!! They will moniter your credit and if any new accounts are opened, they will notify you and go after these fukcs!!!

These criminals can open new lines of credit in your names and ruin your credit forever, taking 10's of thousands of dollars in credit to buy whatever and one day you will get the bill and a 300 credit score.

You can go online and get the numbers to call the 3 credit agencies and tell them what happened, doesn't take long at all, and then you will be protected. Don't fukc around with this because of embarrassment like I did, because they are not done screwing you yet, I promise. Good luck.

I dont use paypal (but i will soon, since most of ppl who would like to get an artwork of their bike ask me if i accept paypal ), and still recieve this #### everyday.. and delete without opening it.

Back