If you care about this board and doug!

Who the F*ck is Doug... and if people are threatening him and he could get into trouble he probably did something that deserves it......
rock.gif
Uhhhhh.....I believe "Doug" is a.k.a. Captain.  

Pump your brakes....
Ahhhh... thanks T.

Things are a bit outta control. Far too many implied threats words being exchanged. IMO, if we have a problem member or members, ban their IP and let it be done. Allowing any conversation via PM or otherwise invites trouble.
Well as much as I dont want this to continue.. I did want to explain..

The removal of posting rights but leaving PM rights and viewing the board was my idea..

I want people who were owed parts or money to be able to still contact him or have him still be able to contact them. I just didnt want him posting up more excuses.. I just wanted him to either send people their stuff or go away..

If it wasnt for trying to continue to give him the chance to make things right he probably would have been totally banned.. just dont want to burn the members and have him have an excuse as to why he couldnt contact people..

Thats the reason. I hope it makes sense.. anyway.. as sled said... lets  not do anymore public bashing, but if anyone does get threats from him in PM please send them to me. As a moderator I want to know about it, and since I have already contacted the DA's office the more stuff I have on him making threats the better.
well said Thrash!

i hope im not the one getting banned-- i can see it now,, get fired and banned from my favorite forum--- man that was a bad post huh.

Who the F*ck is Doug... and if people are threatening him and he could get into trouble he probably did something that deserves it......
rock.gif
Uhhhhh.....I believe "Doug" is a.k.a. Captain.  

Pump your brakes....
Ahhhh... thanks T.

Things are a bit outta control. Far too many implied threats words being exchanged. IMO, if we have a problem member or members, ban their IP and let it be done. Allowing any conversation via PM or otherwise invites trouble.
Well as much as I dont want this to continue.. I did want to explain..

The removal of posting rights but leaving PM rights and viewing the board was my idea..

I want people who were owed parts or money to be able to still contact him or have him still be able to contact them. I just didnt want him posting up more excuses.. I just wanted him to either send people their stuff or go away..

If it wasnt for trying to continue to give him the chance to make things right he probably would have been totally banned.. just dont want to burn the members and have him have an excuse as to why he couldnt contact people..

Thats the reason. I hope it makes sense.. anyway.. as sled said... lets  not do anymore public bashing, but if anyone does get threats from him in PM please send them to me. As a moderator I want to know about it, and since I have already contacted the DA's office the more stuff I have on him making threats the better.
Well done.

Thrash I appreciate your efforts. I was just trying to get my stuff back. I said in my first post that apparently started this thing that I did NOT want it to turn into a bash Mick thread. Through your pm allowances he did contact me and said he was going to send my stuff back. One thing I WILL say is that he has never lied to ME. With the exception of completing the work, he has always done what he said. He also had my hump and it was returned upon request 2 months ago. I can't account for anybody else's situation and I'm not going to try. I apologize for starting a thread, idea and/or topic that got out of control it was truly not my intent. I'll post up when I get my stuff back and until then I'll simply keep quiet. I'll post this in my original thread too and let it die.
Sorry Cap.
sad.gif

Thrash I appreciate your efforts. I was just trying to get my stuff back. I said in my first post that apparently started this thing that I did NOT want it to turn into a bash Mick thread. Through your pm allowances he did contact me and said he was going to send my stuff back. One thing I WILL say is that he has never lied to ME. With the exception of completing the work, he has always done what he said. He also had my hump and it was returned upon request 2 months ago. I can't account for anybody else's situation and I'm not going to try. I apologize for starting a thread, idea and/or topic that got out of control it was truly not my intent. I'll post up when I get my stuff back and until then I'll simply keep quiet. I'll post this in my original thread too and let it die.
Sorry Cap.
sad.gif
Hey, it was my idea for you to post up...I know the guy logs in all of the time, and I know for a fact that the mods and admins here get PMs from guys asking "hey, how do I contact this guy?" We don't know...the ONLY time he crawls out of the woodwork is when a member posts up what's going on...

I knew it would be trouble because it always is, but if anyone gets some of their stuff back in the end, then it's worth the hassle, IMHO...

Please don't feel like you were the catalyst for the mess we've got; the mess never went away because someone owes stuff to guys here and has for a long time now...
smile.gif

Months from now, if another member asks me the same thing, I'll recommend he let the board know. It's the only way to get the guy to step up, even if all he does is make excuses...

Not that i have had any dealing with the whole creekboy thing....

but 'implied' threats, be them directed or not are just words and nothing more. So long as no mention was made of exact harm or planned event then there is no danger of Doug being penalized for the "words" of others if the speech at issue did not incite or produce lawless actions.
Sharing Mick's personal info is also perfectly legal as well, so long as it can be obtained by any number of public record sources....no matter what people might think of it.

FWIW...that guy asked for everything he is getting. Given the chance...I too would pay him a "visit" on anyone's behalf.
cool.gif

rock.gif
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Lord the Drama .................... Sled thanks for the heads up, I try to keep up with things on the site but in all honesty I don't read every post. I did move the post with Creekboy over to a holding area out of the line of fire..

A little advice folks...

1. Don't do business with folks you don't know. We have sponsors on the site for just that reason, I have built a relationship with them and they are there to help. For the paint stuff, I would never ever ever personally send anything to anyone unless I new firsthand what quality work they performed and that they had a reputable shop....

2. There is enough drama and overreacting watching the evening news, I really don't want to come here and see it.

3. For the folks that appear to have lost something or aren't satisfied with the work of Mick my best advice is get an attorney, take him to court, win, make him pay for your attorney as part of the settlement. Im sure that you could get a court order for the records from the board with all of the PM's and posted messages, I have em all......

4. For Creekboy (Mick) I have stayed completely out of this debacle and while you might not like the public floggings you have somewhat brought it on yourself. You came into my website and sold your services to the members. Because this place is full of folks that share information you have been called out using the same tool that got you the business in the first place. Good Luck, from my perspective your best bet is to make it right quickly. I see a lot of Internet bashing headed your way.

So please please please folks stop the drama, if you have business with Mick do it via email or behind closed doors. If you don't have any business with Mick and you just can't stand what you think is unfair, bite your tongue and move on to the next post. Sometiimes things just escalate to a point where it needs to come off this site, I am not the moderator of life, God knows I can't manage my own stuff much less this crap. This site is for sharing info, not beating the Internet Hell out of someone..... Now I'm going to go back to watching my recorded Myth Busters......

Play nice and don't make me come back in here.

hhhmmmm 643 post and you still don't know who I am..... You need to go to Vabusa's virtual corner.......

Cap

we love ya Doug! I'll always do my best to protect you, your family and your website buddy!

BTW....I'm addicted to mythbusters!!!!

Thanks for all you do my friend!

Matt

Hey, I'm just thrilled Doug knows about my corner
laugh.gif

He may not realize there's been drama, nor does he know RSD is MIA and the ZX-14 guys have planted a virus making all of us seem as RSD avatar worshipers, but he does know about "The Corner"...and it's not virtual! I'm looking at the losers in there right now
biggrin.gif
Hank! Stop fighting over the remote! It's vman's turn to pick the shows
wink.gif

I get lost in a corner and can never find my way outta one! Is that bad or am I just a typical directions challenged male?

Well, I'll be vacationing as of June 28th...heading to Lake Gaston for 5 days...best get out your Barbie Busa pics and start working!
laugh.gif

Back