Doug's are stubborn!

TruWrecks

Banned
I've heard it for most of my life.  I've witnessed other Doug's exhibiting the trait.  It's obviously in our genes!  We can't help it.  We don't know how to NOT do it.  It's just part of us from the day we are born.  A blood test will show that we have stubborn flowing through our veins.

While growing up I used to hear my mom say "Damn it Douglas" or "Oh God, Douglas".  Now I'm married, and I still hear those things from my wife!

The name Douglas has Scottish/Galic origins.  It means "Dark Stranger".  That's right.  Darker than some, and Stranger than most.

When people offer us help, we are reluctant to accept, because our stubborness tells us that it is our problem, and we have to deal with it.  We have a hard time understanding why someone would want to help us, and we're uneasy about letting them help.

You can't change what a Doug is!  You can't push a Doug in a direction that he doesn't like or want!  A Doug is a Doug, and that's all there is too it!

I hope this helps clear thing up for the Non-Doug's of the world.

Doug T.

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139868272 -->

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

When I hear "Doug" I keep thinking of that darn GPS comerical (tom-tom I think)...where the Gal in the mini-van keeps saying Doug-Doug which way this, or Doug-Doug which way that...frickin commericals.

Anyhow , Thanks TruWrecks for clearing up the Doug issue....after e-mailing Cpt some time ago, I told myself this a very stubborn, but very good man!

cool.gif

Thanks for that explanation. Now I know why my son has been such a PITA since he hit puberty (that's when the Doug gene activates)!
laugh.gif

Your still a Doug in our eyes!  
laugh.gif

If it looks like a Doug, it acts like a Doug, and it smells like a Doug...It must be a Doug

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139811001 -->

Thanks for that explanation.  Now I know why my son has been such a PITA since he hit puberty (that's when the Doug gene activates)!  
laugh.gif
You can usually see signs of the gene around the age of 3.  You know, the Terrible Two's that last for two or more years!  (As long as I can remember, I have never listened to my parents very well.)  It just becomes more obvious in the early teens.  That's when testosterone gives the gene a boost. (A Doug won't listen to you at this stage anyway.)  This is not an illusion!

A Doug also has an hunger for Speed and Power! A Doug will become depressed if this NEED is supressed for too long.  The Doug will have mood swings, and will appear to be unstable.

face7.gif

Back