Idle Adjust Extender

CorrodedAlien

Registered
Looking for a simple way to extend the idle adjuster on my toy...

The new ones have it tucked under the tank. I want an easy way to extend it up from under there so I can set it when it drifts down...

Most of us just might have that problem with the idle, but my solution fit me the best. I just went and bought a long skinny flathead screwdriver, and carry it up under the seat. Drifts down, turn it back up. It has took some practice, but I'm getting pretty good at it now.

I know it sound stupid, but when I first bought the busa, I was looking everywhere for the idle adjust and couldn't find it.
blush.gif
On my GSXR, it was on the left side right beside the coolant bottle. So I figured it would be around that area also. Had to finally break out the manual.
blush.gif

blush.gif

All that is ok...

Butt, has anyone placed an extender on the adjuster so it sticks out from under the tank. I want to be able to be sitting at a light and reach down a twist it up if I need to... without propping the tank or pulling out a screw driver.

Call me silly, I just think if the older Busa's have it Y can't I!

If all you need to do is twist it UP a little temporarily, can't you do that using the "choke" lever on the handlebar? Doesn't that essentially do the same thing?

Then, when you're parked somewhere, you can adjust it permanently by lifting the tank etc.

rock.gif

Yes, but it drifts down over the course of time, and I'm basicly lazy and do not want to pull the tank unless I am doing filters, plugs, or a major salt flush.

Use some Locktite on the adjustment screw it will help. The blue one medium.

I'm not sure if it will work on the newer bikes but you could try to get a '99 adjuster and install it. the '99 model has it sticking out on the right side near the tank. I just reach down and adjust mine.:D

Back