Identify year model

bladem

Registered
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and in a few days i will be a proud owner of a Busa.

I would like to use your experiense on how to identify the year model on a Busa. I know that one way is from the color but i also know that through countries colors are different for some reason. I also know that Suzuki uses the letter K following by a number as a code to give the Year Model, for example K6 is for 2006 Models.

So please if there is anyone to give me some direction lights on how to identify the Year Model on the bike it will be very helpful for me.

By looking at the Busa the colors and some of the lens colors are the only way that I know to tell the year... there may be other ways, I am interested now too.
Welcome.

there's a sticker on the back of the fuel tank....i think it has color code and manf. date and maybe some other stuff...dont remember everything
rock.gif

02 and older have the chrome plated shocks, 03 and newer have the nitride (gold) plated shocks.

'99-'00 do not have the lower fairing brace (bolt close to fairing front/bottom) and have 220mph/340kph speedo's, '01-'02 have silver forks, '03+ have gold nitride forks, '01+ have 186mph/300kph speedos, '99-'01 have a black midpipe (only one side is removeable), '02+ have polished midpipes (both are removeable), '05+ have clear turn signal lenses, LE's have solid paint colors (except '06 white/silver) and black frames/black swingarms.

You are all very helpfull guys
wink.gif
With all this helpfull information you all gave me i can now identify them.

<!--EDIT|bladem
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144866318 -->

There is another question that i would like your opinion guys.

Between the models 03' to 05' ,which do you think is the best as an overall?

The reason i'm asking is because i was reading in survey that the most reliable model is 03'.

Well i prefer a more recent model but that depending on how much it will cost me.

Here in Cyprus the cost of used Busa 04' is as much as a brand new in other countries
sad.gif
Although i'm looking reliability on the engine and the driving behavior of the bike.

thats good info i have not heard that any 1 year is better than another. other than the starter problem on some of the earlier busa's
vader1.gif

Back