Which model Battery Tender should I use

Super Trucker

Donating Member
Registered
I have 2 bikes in the garage a SV650S and the Busa, both are 2005 models. I want to hook them to the Battery Tender, but I'm not sure which model to use. I am not crazy about the JR model. The 12 volt plus model I have seen for 39.95 and the 800 waterproof model I have seen for 33.25. Should I get 1 of each, or 2 of either unit? How long are the cords that come with these units? Tell me why you picked the unit you have.
Thanks

Not sure what model I have, but its the 1.25Amp one. Not waterproof. Works great for small batteries and even does car batteries. (just takes a day or two) Personally, I would not put more than a 2 amp charge into a cycle battery.

Ps: I maintain 10 batteries with one tender. Although the sealed batteries never seem to need charged. 3-5 min and the green light is on. Even after sitting for months.

I have the battery tender plus on my bike. it comes with ring terminals that you can mount permanently on your bikes battery with a quick connect that you can conceal on the bike. I have mine up under the rear passenger footpeg bracket. The cord is plenty long enough for me, and ive been happy with the unit overall for the 4 years or so ive had it.

I have the waterproof one and like it's packaging, I bought my dad the 4 bank charger which will charge, you guessed it, up to 4 batteries at one time. The have a two bank charger too, you might look into that...

This is a great tech manual on SLA's

Attachments

• Technical_Manual.pdf
    160.6 KB · Views: 155
I got two battery tenders with my bike.
They go in the ignition switch. j/k

race.gif

(ibified @ Jun. 11 2007,19:28) I have the battery tender plus on my bike.  it comes with ring terminals that you can mount permanently on your bikes battery with a quick connect that you can conceal on the bike.  I have mine up under the rear passenger footpeg bracket.  The cord is plenty long enough for me, and ive been happy with the unit overall for the 4 years or so ive had it.
'PLUS' model here... It is an awesome piece.

Back