Identify This Busa

The seat is like the most unique thing you have done. I have the same seats, but I put a decal on my seat. It looks good, but does not hold a candle to custom stitching.

You are the MAN!

Now show us a picture of the damn seat!

Just outta curiousity...why don't you run the hump BA???
Hey Monsta,

I usually ride with the hump most of the time. I just finished with something on it also. I found this real nice carbon fiber kanji that is perfect for the grey hump. I'll get a shot of it. May have to do the hump on...hump off thang. I was really wanting to wait for the end of the week, so that I could have my tiger wing and painted inners put on also. But, I think I have a shot of the hump on my computer at home, so I'll look into it tonight.

B.

Just outta curiousity...why don't you run the hump BA???
Hey Monsta,

I usually ride with the hump most of the time.  I just finished with something on it also.  I found this real nice carbon fiber kanji that is perfect for the grey hump.  I'll get a shot of it.  May have to do the hump on...hump off thang.  I was really wanting to wait for the end of the week, so that I could have my tiger wing and painted inners put on also.  But, I think I have a shot of the hump on my computer at home, so I'll look into it tonight.

B.
Sounds very cool BA

The seat is like the most unique thing you have done. I have the same seats, but I put a decal on my seat. It looks good, but does not hold a candle to custom stitching.

You are the MAN!

Now show us a picture of the damn seat!
The decal doesn't start to lift off when someone sits on it???
So far so good, but I actually haven't used it that much. I also have a Corbin with the removable backrest...been using that lately.

Seat_Kanji.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man the ride is sweet! What does it say on your seat? Decal or stitching?

Is Nick painting your Inner Fairings?
To answer those two questions Greg:

The rear seat was stitched with the words "Brian's BUSA" to give it that owner's touch.  Cost me about $10 to have it done on the SecondLook skin.  Now puttin' your a$$ on Brian's Busa has a literal meaning.

No Nick didn't do my inners.  I had them done at RaceReady.  I wanted Nick to do mine because he sands the texture out of the inners and gives it a cleaner look.  I was on a budget at the time (buying the new house and all), so I bought a set from RaceReady for $170.  The color matches well, but the guy doesn't put any clear coat on the inners.  Just so happens I have a buddy who paints and is clear coating the inners for me for FREE (Damn!  I love that word).  They look great with or without the texture.  I really like Nick's work so that's why I kept my originals so that I can send them to him one day.  The set from RaceReady, I will keep in case a board member goes down and happens to need a set (they'll just be stuck with silver/grey).  Hopefully this doesn't happen.

Brian  
afro.gif
Just talked to the guy at Race Ready...very professional.

However, I think I pissed him off when I asked about clear coating. He says that he does clear coat them. I will just wait till I get them and determine if I need more or not. The price was right, but it was $180 or so, not $170 (new ones). I was going to negotiate with him, but the price is actually spelled out on his website.

Anyway, BA and RC, thanks for the info.

Greg,

Go to Schnitz Racing and look under Hayabusa stuff and look for the 'tiger wing'. I'm having mine polished this week. My buddy, Russell does some great polishing work. He did my frame in 3 days. That's pretty damn good considering he already has a 9 to 5.

Brian

After all the nice comments about my bike, I deeply regret that there has been an accident.  This past weekend, I let me older brother take a spin on Kennedy.  As luck has it; while the dumba$$ was pulling out of the garage, he started hitting the accelerator fairly hard while slightly holding the front brake and clutch.  He ultimately hit the side of a woman's car that was parked in the driveway...totally demolishing the rear door.  He didn't go 10 feet before this happened.  I was trying to give him some instructions about controlling it before he took off.  Before I could finish my words...well...let's just say; "the power overtook him."  I was really surprised at how calm I was.  I just kept telling him to get off the bike.  Amazingly enough he didn't dump it.  He kept the bike upright.  The only damage on my bike was the front nose was severely cracked beyond repair.  No light or signal damage was done.  There was only two things that kept me from kickin' my brother's a$$:  1.)  He and no one else for that matter were hurt.  2.)  We were at my other brother's house and mourning the death of my  nephew (didn't want to cause anymore tension than there already was).  Anyway, I ordered me a new nose piece from Ron Ayer's yesterday and all is well.  Inside I'm really angry because I had just spent a lot of money getting the bike to look like I wanted and now this happens.  My brother doesn't have any money to pay me for it (this is just adding to the long line of debt that he is already in with me).  Now I will probably take a beating on my insurance because he was on my bike.  Even though the incident took place on private property and no report could be written by authorities because of this, I will take the lick with my insurance so as not to have some type of legal action taken against my oldest brother, whose house we were at.  It really sucks, but I almost blame myself because I let him ride.  He hasn't ridden a bike in years, and I go and let him on the most powerful machine on two wheels.  I'll just have to chalk it up to experience.  I was on a rant, but thanx for listening anyway.

Brian

Now that just brings me down man! Good thing no one was hurt, and sounds like damage to the bike is minimal. Nothing you can do but lick the financial wounds and move on. I have a brother who seems to have a credit line with me also. I want to kick his ass, but I would wake up in the hospital and really be pissed.

Anyway, on the positive side, this happened early enough that you have time to repair before Laguna. Can't wait to see the finished product.

After all the nice comments about my bike, I deeply regret that there has been an accident.  This past weekend, I let me older brother take a spin on Kennedy.  As luck has it; while the dumba$$ was pulling out of the garage, he started hitting the accelerator fairly hard while slightly holding the front brake and clutch.  He ultimately hit the side of a woman's car that was parked in the driveway...totally demolishing the rear door.  He didn't go 10 feet before this happened.  I was trying to give him some instructions about controlling it before he took off.  Before I could finish my words...well...let's just say; "the power overtook him."  I was really surprised at how calm I was.  I just kept telling him to get off the bike.  Amazingly enough he didn't dump it.  He kept the bike upright.  The only damage on my bike was the front nose was severely cracked beyond repair.  No light or signal damage was done.  There was only two things that kept me from kickin' my brother's a$$:  1.)  He and no one else for that matter were hurt.  2.)  We were at my other brother's house and mourning the death of my  nephew (didn't want to cause anymore tension than there already was).  Anyway, I ordered me a new nose piece from Ron Ayer's yesterday and all is well.  Inside I'm really angry because I had just spent a lot of money getting the bike to look like I wanted and now this happens.  My brother doesn't have any money to pay me for it (this is just adding to the long line of debt that he is already in with me).  Now I will probably take a beating on my insurance because he was on my bike.  Even though the incident took place on private property and no report could be written by authorities because of this, I will take the lick with my insurance so as not to have some type of legal action taken against my oldest brother, whose house we were at.  It really sucks, but I almost blame myself because I let him ride.  He hasn't ridden a bike in years, and I go and let him on the most powerful machine on two wheels.  I'll just have to chalk it up to experience.  I was on a rant, but thanx for listening anyway.

Brian
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crap.....crap......crap!!!!!!
Sorry BA!!!!

Look(ed) nice, best color too
tounge.gif
At least no one was hurt, Are the forks ok tho?

I was going to let my uncle ride my busa, but now, I dont think im going to, since well...he doesnt have insurance on his own bike.

Back