Icon jacket..which is better?

84NinjaDreamin

Registered
Does anyone here have either the leather or textile TiMax2 jacket? Please tell me your experience with either. I know they fit small, but how small? Thanks in advance if you can help.

Kurt

I have the Merk textile, It fits normal, but not quite textile enough for Texas summer! Very nice jacket other than that.

I have the Icon TIMAX2 mesh jacket. First I ordered an xxl (48" Chest) and had to send it back and get xxxl. There are size charts out there on some sites that let you know the different fits of the different jackets.

I also have the Icon TIMAX2 mesh jacket. I suppose it does fit a little smaller, but I since I don't use the liner, it fits perfectly.

I like it. It keeps me from roasting on those hot summer days. If I had to complain, it would be that the padding on the front of the jacket on the chest is a little thick for a very specific way that I use the jacket. What I mean by that is I have a remote control door opener in each of the pockets (both left and right side front pockets). One door opener opens my garage door at home, and the other opens a gated garage at my workplace (don't ask how I got the codes 'cus I'm not tellin'
wink.gif
) Anyway, when I want to activate the remote control I just press the button through my jacket. The thick padding in the front of the jacket makes it a little more difficult to find the button.

Overall, I'd recommend it.

I also have the Icon TIMAX2 mesh jacket. I suppose it does fit a little smaller, but I since I don't use the liner, it fits perfectly.

I like it. It keeps me from roasting on those hot summer days. If I had to complain, it would be that the padding on the front of the jacket on the chest is a little thick for a very specific way that I use the jacket. What I mean by that is I have a remote control door opener in each of the pockets (both left and right side front pockets). One door opener opens my garage door at home, and the other opens a gated garage at my workplace (don't ask how I got the codes 'cus I'm not tellin'
wink.gif
) Anyway, when I want to activate the remote control I just press the button through my jacket. The thick padding in the front of the jacket makes it a little more difficult to find the button.

Overall, I'd recommend it.

Leather is always better and they are both hot as hell in the summer. Get leather if it's a toss-up between the two.

i'll vouch for ICONs protection level-went down at 50 or so doing a 12 o'clock on the Busa this June wearing my Skull Motorhead jacket. Hit with my right shoulder and rolled a few times then got up-barely a scratch on the coat. Some minor scrapes and NO damage to me. Still wear it when its hot cuz it has better venting than my new Legion that I got for my b-day-but the new one looks even MORE cool!
smile.gif

bikeracing_011.JPG

as far as fitment-if your a lean guy it should be okay-Im 6'7" so the XXL works for me in the arms but has a lot of room down low, even with snaps on the tightest setting in the waist....fit is always better without the liner tho. If you have liner in, wear a short-sleeve or its gunna get snug.

Back