icon helmet

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
i'm diggin the icon mainframe helmet. looks like it has a large viewing/shield area which i like. and it's 3.2 lbs [if i'm correct]. good price too, around $200.

good helmet? anything comparable?

I currently ride with an ICON mainframe Blue Rubatone. I really like it. It is quiet and has good air flow. Also important to me, it has pockets for speakers....

I have the Icon mainframe halo helmet and the visibility is good but it fogs up pretty quick when idle. When moving the fog disappears. All in all its a good helmet for the price.

The other thing about this helmet that I just remebered was the sticker on the back started to peel off, no biggie its easier to take off
wink.gif

i'm concerned about weight, visibility, and cooling?

graphics and noise are'nt much of an issue to me, i'm getting silver and putting speakers in.

I have this Icon mainframe in XL if someone wants one. Like $280.00 new but I will do $105.00 plus $10.00 to ship. Helmet as new. Not stealing thread just being frugal with bytes.  
smile.gif
  Bob  PS: Has smoke shield as well.

<!--EDIT|flrider
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135895532 -->

Well I can offer some good expertiece on this. I bought a mainframe helmet when they FIRST came out. I have been NOTHING but happy with it since. I am currently still riding with the same helmet. It's actually one of the quitest helmets I have rode with, visability is great, weight is minimal, and the quality of the build has been great. I will be going right back to another mainframe when this one needs replaced. Someone did mention that it fogs up easily and I will totally agree with that. The airflow is great when your moving but soon as you stop it will fog up really quick. Other than that this helmet offers a lot. Great value for the money.

Rubber covered black mainframe scratches soo easy....
I have one and I don`t like that part, they also run small.

My mainframe is the LEAST favorite of my 6 helmets. I like my HJC CL11 better... (cheapest helmet I own.) This is such a personal choice, a thousand opinions out there. Make sure you try your choices on BEFORE you buy. In my case, the mainframe just isn't comfy for my size and shape noggin I guess. I bought it off the net and was never happy from the day I got it. As far as quality and cool factor it's great, very nice piece. Just wish it fit better.

i'll definately try one on at a dealership first. input from you guys was great as usual. this helmet sounds like what i'm looking for just gotta try it on. thanks again all.

My  girl has on and it's a nice helmet except for the vents on the top. They've used double-side tape to hold it on apparently and they keep trying to peel off. Guess ya get what you pay for....seen a new add in 2WheelTuner for Craft Helmets, they look pretty cool too...they remind me of Simson helmets.

<!--EDIT|UUBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135873446 -->

KBC makes a nice fitting helmet. It feels high dollar like my Arai, except the KBC is only 25% of the cost.

I have this Icon mainframe in XL if someone wants one. Like $280.00 new but I will do $105.00 plus $10.00 to ship. Helmet as new. Not stealing thread just being frugal with bytes.  
smile.gif
Great deal. i got it with a discount new @ $160!!

If Icon helmets are so cool and well made from wath I've read, how come some company ask like three timme the money for the same product???

Just asking ...Is it me or...
iamwithstupid.gif

smile.gif
Sold to Cuffee. Thanks Sir. On it's way to MD.
smile.gif

smile.gif

hay guys, if anyone is interested I have a bunch of Icon Mainframes Im willing to let go at a steal. Just hit me up and Ill see what I can do for ya.

Back