Icon domain 2 helmets

dsbunton646

Registered
Can anyone give an honest review of the Icon domain2 helmet. Motorcycle superstore has some on closeout for 169.99 and at that price, I am thinking of getting one. I have the mainframe hooligan and it is decent, but I am under the impression the domain 2 is icon's premier helmet. Anybody have the scoop? How does it compare to some of the higher priced brands...say like the rf1000 or 1100?

I had the Domain Decay 2, liked it a lot (good venting, good fit and finish). It was a favorite until I got the Icon AIRFRAME...all the features I liked in the Domain but VERY LIGHTWEIGHT! I also have a Shoei RF-1000 and would pick it over the Domain also due to weight.

Its a great helmet, just a little noisy. If you ride with plugs or ear buds it wont matter.

I had the Domain Decay 2, liked it a lot (good venting, good fit and finish). It was a favorite until I got the Icon AIRFRAME...all the features I liked in the Domain but VERY LIGHTWEIGHT! I also have a Shoei RF-1000 and would pick it over the Domain also due to weight.
I thought the domain2 was supposed to be a lighter, better helmet than the airframe. They retail for 390.00 as the airframe is at 330.00. Am I wrong about that? They have the airframe for the same price as the domain2. I would definetley want the lighter of the two.

I thought the airframe was the premier line. Domain 2's are old and out of production.

Airframe is the go. Damn light and so cool. But the trade off is noise.

For$169 their imperfections can easily be overlooked. I have rocked a Mechanica for the past 2 years and I liked it.

I thought the airframe was the premier line. Domain 2's are old and out of production.

Airframe is the go. Damn light and so cool. But the trade off is noise.
How much noise? Is it horrible or an average tolerable windnoise? I know it isn't gonna be as quiet as a $500.00 plus helmet.My old icon mainframe isn't the quietest, but it is tolerable for me. I usually ride with an mp3 player anyway. If it is comparable to that lid I can deal with it.

Any helmet (regardless of brand/price) can be made the QUIETEST helmet for a mere 25 cents...seriously :)
-LSS-_i_LB7029_01.jpg

Yeah easily tolerable.

The quality on the visor and mechanisms is good too. I'm frequently swapping out various types of visors and its a nice solid form of attachment.

I'm currently using the Crossbone racer and its great. Matte finish etc. Even has the scrape and scratches pre-painted on to hide my real ones :p

0b8e6b70.jpg

Nice. Thanks for the input. I'm liking the Icon airframe claymore, in black of course. For the price,$169.99, it is looking better and better.

Back