Ian Millyard's Kawasaki H2A 4cyl 1000cc 120Hp Creation

Now THIS is a Kawasaki H2 . . . as it should have been built from the factory in 1973.
The exhaust note is absolutely intoxicating!!
What a bike, Ian's a genius for sure, a dream come true to own one of these beauties,
Heat would have been it's enemy..those 2 middle cylinders would cook...the center cylinder on the old triples used to fry all the time...

As far as air cooled 2 strokes go-the twins were far better for lasting....

The sound is awesome...

This is my favorite 2 stroke of the era..and favorite rider..

Bumblebee, I don't know if you are experienced with the old Kawasaki triples or not, or if you knew someone that had one and fried the middle cylinder. Back in the 70's, I had a 1970 and a 1971 Kawasaki Mach III 500. My older brother, plus about 10 friends also had one. We rodded the snot out of those bikes. Always racing. Drag racing and top end racing. They were a real blast.
Not a single one of them ever fried the middle cylinder. They always ran top notch. Quick for their size (at the time) and very reliable. Gas mileage however was a different story. Ridden decent you might've gotten 33 mpg or so. But we didn't ride them decent. So, 20's was about average.

Bumblebee, I don't know if you are experienced with the old Kawasaki triples or not, or if you knew someone that had one and fried the middle cylinder. Back in the 70's, I had a 1970 and a 1971 Kawasaki Mach III 500. My older brother, plus about 10 friends also had one. We rodded the snot out of those bikes. Always racing. Drag racing and top end racing. They were a real blast.
Not a single one of them ever fried the middle cylinder. They always ran top notch. Quick for their size (at the time) and very reliable. Gas mileage however was a different story. Ridden decent you might've gotten 33 mpg or so. But we didn't ride them decent. So, 20's was about average.
I had 2 of them, one a 250 which was my first street bike and a 500 later on...and I know many, many people who have had them...

I fried the center cylinder on my 250 (which could have been my fault of course-not sure as I was just a pup).

My 500 had issues as well, we rebuilt the top end and noticed the center cylinder was scored from over heating most likely but I had got stuck in traffic on a hot day a couple times and it quit on me...I pushed it past all the traffic for about 2 miles and thankfully it started right up.

My cousin had a Suzuki 380 triple and it fried the center cylinder-he generally rode it like he stole it.

I had an RD 400 Daytona and it ran like an absolute champ, that was a fun little bike, I had it for a long time and over the years I had it blueprinted, ported and polished, Wisco pistons, Boydeson Reeds, Micron pipes, K&N filters and tuned by a guy who used to tune them for the race teams....it had rear-sets, Ohlins piggy back rear shocks and Gold Tech valves and springs in the front forks...

I should have kept that little bike....

I agree 100%. You should've kept the RD400. They were fast little bikes. It's always easy to think back and say "I wish I would've kept this or that". (Like my 3 1969 Roadrunners. Wish I had them now). I better quit hijacking this thread.
Why is everything in bold? Must've hit the wrong button somewhere.

I owned a ‘73 Kawi 500 triple, rode it everywhere for 3 years with no issues. Fun little bike. I never knew of the center cylinder problem until this thread. Maybe a lean fueling problem? Who knows? Mine was a real arm stretcher :)

Back