I wanna see supercharged Busas

umairhashmi

Registered
Please dont flame me to hell if its impossible.Im no mechanical guru but i have seen tons of turbo busas online i have yet to see a video or pictures of a supercharged one.Where are they? Isnt a supercharger better cuz of the lack of turbo lag? How much does it really cost to have a stock busa supercharged (i know it will be some insane number).

from what i read, its about the same cost but alot less reliable than the turbos.
in theory the s.charger will use energy to make hp
the turbo scavages exhaust energy to make hp
there are kits out there to supercharge a busa.

TTS makes kits.
http://www.tts-performance.com/catalog....6b8c417

SuperMontage.jpg

At one time someone in Northern Cal had these on feebay.

Can't find him anymore. Myself, I would supercharge. Just me.

runeight...

Holy crap....impeller speeds in excess of 210,000rpms! WTF? I would have to say the Rotrex is an excellent SC compared to other centrifugals out there. It seems the advantage of the SC over a Turbo Busa would be a more linear, and predictable power delivery than the turbo would..making for a very interesting canyon carver, where the turbo would be the ultimate in absolute power (drag bike). I'm liking this.
- I'd like to see one intercooled though. Not sure on the IAT increase, but traditionally a SC will heat the incoming charge quite a lot, which over time, up a mountain road/around a track, that heat will become a liability.

- Is the oil supplied from the Busa's engine, tapped off the oil cooler lines, or are these kits using the Rotrex dedicated oil system?

Charlie

SC = more linear

turbo= more efficient therefor more power per pound of boost.

if you get a turbo tuned correctly you can building boost at 3500rpm. Who rides below that unless just putting around or cruising.

(heavybusa @ Dec. 26 2006,21:12) I love the sweet whine of a supercharger.
+1 and i love the way the line on the dyno reads without any sudden spikes...i've almost lost my cage when the turbo kicked in the middle of a curve...i wouldn't want that kick on my bike with the way i ride

I am definately getting a supercharger over a turbo. Turbo bikes need to have lots of maintenance and money to keep it up. Maintenace for supercharger is only oil.

(jjmetheny @ Dec. 27 2006,01:11)
(HayaBoosta03 @ Dec. 27 2006,01:04) Turbo bikes need to have lots of maintenance and money to keep it up.
Can you give us a few examples of what you are talking about? Thanks
yeah no kidding. The only maintenance needed is regular oil change and checking for loose bolts.

I've had mine about 1.5 yrs and don't think they are much of a maintenance problem.

I do not recommend dealing with calisuperbikes,that dude fakked a very good friend of mine on a kit for a gixxer and will give him absolutely NO support,wont answer emails or phone calls from over here period.Go with a turbo.

On the topic of turbo....I've read, and been told to shy away from Velocity, nothing mentioned why. However, I have heard Ghetto is a good quality kit. Any opinions on this?

(CAT3 @ Dec. 28 2006,01:55) On the topic of turbo....I've read, and been told to shy away from Velocity, nothing mentioned why. However, I have heard Ghetto is a good quality kit. Any opinions on this?
Opinions will very on this,I get excellent support from Barry,Dennis sells a good kit as well and I hear his support is good too.Pick one.

Back