Vee Two's Supercharger

DaCol.

D' Colonel
Donating Member
I have been thinking
whistling.gif
 about this for TWO WEEKS  
sadnews.gif
!! A company in Perth, Australia called Vee Two makes a supercharger for the Ducati 999 ! OK  
hello.gif
, it's evidently a test bed, but after reading about it in Sports Rider I just can't get it out of my head for the Busa. Simple addition, NO fuel changes like a Turbo, NO heat issues like a Turbo, and a simple addition and linkage. Not like all the other Supercharges I've seen which widens the gearing side of the bike. But, in street conditions the Duc went from 140 Hp to 205 hp, with max torque starting at 3000 rpm and carrying it on up
wowold.gif
 ! Now that's street power I could consider
laugh.gif
. SO, Aussi's, you guys know anything about this Company ? The Aritcle says they make turbos for cars (Company is sub of Automotive Components in Malaga - a suburb of Perth) and is the largest maker of Superchargers in Australia. They go by the name of Sprintex and make superchargers for both Automotive and Industrial use. I just wonder what the price is, because the photos and article make it one SWEET instalation
ThumbsUp.gif
 !

there is a company in cali that makes bolt on supercharger kits for the busa , gas milage will change as with a super charger you ar always under boost , as compared to turbo where you are in and out of boost. i have thought about one also but feel i would need an unlimited budget for lack of people with experience , i felt like i would almost be a guiney pig , all would be good till i had a problem , then it would cost big $$$$$$$

Don't add fuel when running any boost and let me know how many times you rebuild your motor.

If the turbo system is setup correctly you shouldn't have any heat issues. Been running a turbo for 4 yrs and never have any problems during 90+ degree heat in iowa during the summer

Artical on the Duc changes, states no fuel mileage change ! Infact the discription of the unit is a simple bolt on and a belt on the 999. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this company, it's products and so on. Runs 8 psi, so the initial claims seem interesting. But I'am no engine engineer only a lame personal garadge mechanic, one time race team owner, with VERY limited 40 years of experience (between my Military Assignments). Anything more than what the factory did, and I don't really trust myself
dunno.gif

tts i think is the company in cali seems like a great product same deal as the duc bolt on and belt drive , it will need to be mapped of course , and there is no way to get 60 hp without giving up milage , hell full exhaust pcIII and aircleaner pair removed and when i twist it the gas dissapears , quick !

240 hp"â€￾Base Price: $4500.00

300 hp"â€￾Stage 2 Price: $5000.00

400+ hp"â€￾Stage 3 Price: $Call Us!

Progressive Nitrous Kit Upgrade: $1000.00
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the sites
hello.gif
, wonder what kind of a blower they use. Two Vee uses a twin helical screw supercharger, small, compact and needs no intercooler ! The pulley attaches to the clutch which nessitates no step-up gearing. Now, if they can do this to a Busa, I have NO IDEA
idea3.gif
! But it would be interesting
SHOCKED.gif
!!

Thats why i pretty much abandoned the project , there realy is no support . they will sell it to you but it sounds like you are on your own after that , as compared to the turbo network , there is a wide choice of support .

Nitrousjunkie is right. don't buy anything from them. We had a 07 1K gixxer come in the shop, the owner bought the setup from them... it was a cobbled up mess. I redid the bracket and we had to add a FMU and Pump, and tune accordingly. The dude is totally the take your money and ignore you type.

superchargers are a great setup for off the line use. Tons of torque down low. I had heard that they're able to keep things pretty linear too.

Now if you've got the $$$'s, ready for the learning curve, and have some how figured out how to get a no bar bike to hook that kinda torque I would luv to read/hear about your results.  
beerchug.gif

He sold a buddy of mine over here (middle east) a kit for a gixxer,kit was a mess, missing parts,dude wouldnt answer his phone, wouldnt answer emails.He THOUGHT my friend had no options.....wrong! He got the state dept involved and he promply shipped the parts that were missing.He is a poor excuse for a business man.

Well
winkold.gif
, I guess I'll have to be happy with my slow, low horsepower 06
laugh.gif
. No Turbo for me, because it's just TOOOOOOOO far to get to a reliable wrench who REALLY knows what he's doing AND has the tools  
tounge.gif

He sold a buddy of mine over here (middle east) a kit for a gixxer,kit was a mess, missing parts,dude wouldnt answer his phone, wouldnt answer emails.He THOUGHT my friend had no options.....wrong! He got the state dept involved and he promply shipped the parts that were missing.He is a poor excuse for a business man.
pm me names, etc. I have him listed as a vendor on my site and I don't condone nor support such business practices if true.

that comment holds true to anyone who feels they have a valid gripe with calisuperbikes.

I have been thinking
whistling.gif
 about this for TWO WEEKS  
sadnews.gif
!! A company in Perth, Australia called Vee Two makes a supercharger for the Ducati 999 ! OK  
hello.gif
, it's evidently a test bed, but after reading about it in Sports Rider I just can't get it out of my head for the Busa. Simple addition, NO fuel changes like a Turbo, NO heat issues like a Turbo, and a simple addition and linkage. Not like all the other Supercharges I've seen which widens the gearing side of the bike. But, in street conditions the Duc went from 140 Hp to 205 hp, with max torque starting at 3000 rpm and carrying it on up
wowold.gif
 ! Now that's street power I could consider
laugh.gif
. SO, Aussi's, you guys know anything about this Company ? The Aritcle says they make turbos for cars (Company is sub of Automotive Components in Malaga - a suburb of Perth) and is the largest maker of Superchargers in Australia. They go by the name of Sprintex and make superchargers for both Automotive and Industrial use. I just wonder what the price is, because the photos and article make it one SWEET instalation
ThumbsUp.gif
 !
Send me an email with the details of the company in Perth & I'll check it out. Or you could also check out the Australian Busa club & ask there.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/index.php
A couple of the guys live in Perth.

Bryan

bryan@mdam-imports.com.au

heres a guy in the UK that's just installed a blower. this is his reply to the question about driveability::

had it on the road for one good long ride out and then it came back into the garage. Our roads are too greasy this time of year, covered in oil and leaf mulch from the fall. Christmas pissed up car drivers...you know the routine?

But its amazing how 234 rwhp can feel so piss easy on the road.
A very positive ride, its seems to be accelerating all the time, theres no lag, no fuel glitches, no spitting or coughing,
no on/off throttle, no "which gear am I in"...... the power delivery is ULTRA FLUID !!! And theres plenty of it !!
Even sat on the open road at 2000rpm in 6th gear, just winding the throttle in oooozes liquid smooth POWER. No glitches, just smooth.....
But its so damned rideable !!! Smoothness is unbelievable. Its chocolaty mate

It rides much better than a piped and chipped Busa.
It just feels like a brilliant road bike, which is exactly what I wanted.

The sound of the bike is the killer. No one on the street has heard a supercharged bike before and by god how it turns heads !! It isnt booming loud like some piped and chipped bikes sound, its something more than that ? Its more like a Rottweiller growl with the whine of the blower and the gentle hiss of the dump valve.... just awesome. When I wound in the throttle harder at around 6000 rpm its sounds pure evil !!! Not one to be larging it in town or anywhere near plod

If anyone wants a really seriously powerful road bike with seamlesss fluid power delivery then this is it. Entirerly predictable in how it works, just raw and handleable POWER. This is still no bike for a rookie mind you !! Lets be quite frank about that

closeupblower.jpg

Back