Vee Two's Supercharger

and one with it's clothes on

rightside_1_.jpg

post from the owner :

Many thanks to Mr F and Sean at BigCC for acheiving these superb dyno results for the twin fuel maps via rocker switch on the bars
A sterling achievement !
This is predominantly a road bike but we have built in full expandability for the future. I will be showing the bike next year and hope to get it in "Ink and Iron" at the NEC for starters.

BusadynomapAMedium.jpg

man, im sitting here DROOLING over the idea of a supercharged bike....

I wonder what that kit set him back.

I have been thinking
whistling.gif
 about this for TWO WEEKS  
sadnews.gif
!! A company in Perth, Australia called Vee Two makes a supercharger for the Ducati 999 ! OK  
hello.gif
, it's evidently a test bed, but after reading about it in Sports Rider I just can't get it out of my head for the Busa. Simple addition, NO fuel changes like a Turbo, NO heat issues like a Turbo, and a simple addition and linkage. Not like all the other Supercharges I've seen which widens the gearing side of the bike. But, in street conditions the Duc went from 140 Hp to 205 hp, with max torque starting at 3000 rpm and carrying it on up
wowold.gif
 ! Now that's street power I could consider
laugh.gif
. SO, Aussi's, you guys know anything about this Company ? The Aritcle says they make turbos for cars (Company is sub of Automotive Components in Malaga - a suburb of Perth) and is the largest maker of Superchargers in Australia. They go by the name of Sprintex and make superchargers for both Automotive and Industrial use. I just wonder what the price is, because the photos and article make it one SWEET instalation
ThumbsUp.gif
 !
Send me an email with the details of the company in Perth & I'll check it out.     Or you could also check out the Australian Busa club & ask there.
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/MyBB/index.php
 A couple of the guys live in Perth.

Bryan

bryan@mdam-imports.com.au
Thanks  
hello.gif

But, I have found out the Company is only making the Duc Bike now  
sad.gif
 . Maybe a Busa in the future, but they are just trying to enter the Bike area now.

But, Geezzzzzzzzz, both articles about the Duc they've made are making me  
drools.gif

Vee Two
73 Resource Way
Malaga, WA 6090
Australia
+61 8 9262 7277
www.supersqualo.com

hello.gif

Just sent them an E-Mail asking about the posibility of a Supercharger for the Busa
whistling.gif
. Maybe they'll get back with a positive, if so, YOU GUYS will be the FIRST TO KNOW
ThumbsUp.gif

What ever info you need on supercharging busa's let me know. Standard street kit produces around 230 rwhp, drives as smooth as a normally aspirated 1500+ cc built race engine BUT has the reliability of a stock one and runs on pump gas!!
One guy has one with drop in cams and 2mm+ turbo pistons and got 256 rwhp again pump gas daily driver! He weighs 340 LBS and still went 9.98! I went 8.56 and weigh 170 w/o gear!

I have been thinking
whistling.gif
about this for TWO WEEKS
sadnews.gif
!! A company in Perth, Australia called Vee Two makes a supercharger for the Ducati 999 ! OK
hello.gif
, it's evidently a test bed, but after reading about it in Sports Rider I just can't get it out of my head for the Busa. Simple addition, NO fuel changes like a Turbo, NO heat issues like a Turbo, and a simple addition and linkage. Not like all the other Supercharges I've seen which widens the gearing side of the bike. But, in street conditions the Duc went from 140 Hp to 205 hp, with max torque starting at 3000 rpm and carrying it on up
wowold.gif
! Now that's street power I could consider
laugh.gif
. SO, Aussi's, you guys know anything about this Company ? The Aritcle says they make turbos for cars (Company is sub of Automotive Components in Malaga - a suburb of Perth) and is the largest maker of Superchargers in Australia. They go by the name of Sprintex and make superchargers for both Automotive and Industrial use. I just wonder what the price is, because the photos and article make it one SWEET instalation
ThumbsUp.gif
!
It could be possible that the Duc has a 2 bar map sensor and can up the fuel to compensate for the additional air going in to the motor.

There are some automotive applications where all we change is the map sensor to a two bar unit and walk away but boost never goes over 7psi..

sure is a pretty looking system on a busa anyway..

so whats the cost , for say an 05 busa / or an 08 ? is itt comparible to a turbo set up , how many are out there? any downfalls , streetable like a 1500cc ?

5600 up to 07, does not compare anything to a turbo, turbos' are only for hp #'s, and any straight line racing, as far as drivability these win hands down. There are a handfull out there and all have good reviews.

So, $5600. Is this just for the kit?? Or is this installed. If it is a kit, is it all inclusive??Any extra machining or anything like that required?? 230rwhp is great, but how much torque?? And since it uses a piggyback controller and extra injectors, can it be tuned to add extra fuel with a little shot(say 40hp) of juice?? Or would i still use my PC3 for this??

Thanks man, GG

sounds very interesting , i think more would go this direction if there were more information out there.
beerchug.gif
, I met a guy at the javits center a few years back that had one , his shop was building them in NJ , had a great conversation about the project , but then found no other support online ? so i abandoned the project

5600 up to 07, does not compare anything to a turbo, turbos' are only for hp #'s, and any straight line racing, as far as drivability these win hands down. There are a handfull out there and all have good reviews.
that seems a little misleading to me. i have a stage 1 kit and drivabilty is really not an issue. my bike is not just for hp #s. also my bike did not forget how to corner once i installed the turbo. alot of people are under the misconception that if you have a turbo and are in a corner and you twist the throttle a little all of a sudden you will be in full boost and in a ditch because of a sudden uncontrolable surge of power. is a supercharger more linear, yes no doubt. do i have to be doing a 100mph at wide open throttle to be in full boost, not at all. i start spooling at 3500rpm and by 6000rpm i am in full boost. MIDRANGE power is awesome.is the power uncontrolable not at all. a supercharger kit has its selling points and people want to have something different so there will be a market for them but there is no need to perpetuate turbo myths to sell s/c kits. my stage 1 makes 250 to the rear wheel was easily installed myself and cost me $4000. lots of guys have them so there is a ton of tech support and a wealth of info on them. on a different note do your kits require modifying the header to fit the charger and is it a rotrex charger?

Back