I turn to  your advice

unkleslapnutz

Donating Member
Registered
Well today at lunch with some guys I ride with we were all sitting around bs'ing...and I looked down at my beautiful M1...only to notice that my tread bars are quickly getting bigger. I do alot of highway riding BUT dont want to give up too much traction(i know you cant have them both) So here are my choices.

Shinko Raven
M-3's
Pilot Powers

I did a search on the Raven's (as i know everyones take on PP and the M-3's are still being "tested") but no where could I find a quote stating they were Good/alright/Crappy.

Anyho just looking to pull from the minds of you guys.

*disclaimer*I hated to make ANOTHER tire thread

I hoped this was about tires and not your rear!
biggrin.gif
I got a little worried when I read the title of the post.

I hope someone has tried the M-3 I'm interested expecially if they last longer than the M-1s god they go quick.

...as I've said before, I am on my second set of Continental Force MAX tires and cannot find a fault with them. Well, I cannot get rid of the chicken strips since the sidewall tread wraps so far over...

not to interrupt, but how many miles (on average) should I expect out of stock tires? I am approaching 4k and they show wear in the middle and mild on the edges. Are the stock tires not a good choice to stay with? I have heard mixed messages on the BTs and most of these tire threads rarely mention them as an option.

just trying to captialize on this already started tire thread and if you guys are real tired of tire talk, just remember the other guy started this thread. lol

thanks

mine lasted about 3k..and my M1's are about the same....Maybe I should get a 650 dual sport for comuting and save the Busa for fun....I am thinking I am going to bite it and jump on the M-3's...guess I will be ordering next week.

Soon as I get a few miles on my new M3's I'll post up a review. But your right I have not read much about the Ravens good or bad.

I commute on my Busa during the week and run the twisties on the weekend.  I'm faster than average on the street, but I'm not as fast as the guys that also run on the track.  Anyway, stock BT56s lasted 4600 miles.  The replacement BT020 went 5600 miles.  I have a set of Avons on the Busa now.  The pic is of the rear at 6300 miles and still going.  I've had the rear slip a few times going hard into very tight turns (posted 15-20 MPH), but not to the point of needing TP.   Avons are going back on when its time for new tires.

000_0021.JPG

I just put a Raven on a few weeks ago...I'll try to keep you guys updated on how it lasts...for reference I got about 5,000 miles out of the original tire (cords were showing)...hopefully this tire lasts a little longer
-Chad

just ordered M3s since they are from the Pirelli lineage and the big P has never let me down. Thanks REVLIS for slapping some sense into me for that choice.
smile.gif
My rears last anywhere from 1200 to 3000 and I usually get a new one with every oil change. 2 rears for every one front.

I'll try to review from my perspective after a few high speed runs, track days, around about town rides, touring stints, passenger hauling and tearing around the back 40. I look for stick above all followed by feel and control - caring less about wear, or rain abilities.

Thinking about becoming a tire hor and trying every different type I can can with each replacement. They are ALL great and have pros and cons, there will never be THE PERFECT tire, and they keep changing and upgrading them yearly like the liter bikes. But I'll stay away from "road" tires since they are too weak [absorbing bumps better] to get real sporty on

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149130991 -->

Thanks for all your comments guys. I am now searching for that perfect "price" to order my set of M-3's. I will order them on Monday so I can get them on and broke in by my vactaion time in TN on the 16th. You guys are the greatest....
type.gif

Back