Not a tire debat, just an observation

busa1300nut

Registered
Not a tire debate, just an observation

Well, after having my bike for 10 years, I,v tried most every tire out there. M1, m3, qualifers, bt16, and finally pilot powers for years then I fell on some diffacult money times, and bought the shinko ravens, and I really liked them, I,v ran them for 3 years or so, prob 4 sets total, with great milage results.
Well, I put a set of pilot powers back on her yesterday, and now I remeber why I ran them for so long. It habdled fine with the shinkos, but its totally differant feeling with the PP,s, more sure footed or something, and there not even scuffed in good yet. I got 3200 miles out of my last set of powers, we will see how these do..
But also, I can say, I never had a bad experance with the shinkos, plus 6000 miles on a set, no burn outs, but some pretty hard miles on them.

I had gotten 4000 or so from PP rear and 5000 from the front. Got pilot road 2's on there now 4500 or so miles and they still look gook. BUT I agree with you, not as sure footed as the PP'S.

If I could afford to run PP's all the time, I really would.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Your comparing Pilot power to Ravens?????

From Michelin web site "....Power tires use a rubber mix that was originally developed for MotoGP racing." Lets simply refer to the pilot powers as a "Sticky" tire.

From Shinkos web site "....The Raven high performance radial was specifically designed for long life." Lets simply refer to them as long lasting and therefore not sticky.

Not surprised to hear you got 6000 miles on Ravens and 3200 miles from your shure footed and confident inspiring PP's. It would have been a better comparison of Shinko's 005 Advance tire to the PP's.

Thumbs up to you for this report, Busa1300nut! This is real world experience honestly reported. A very commendable post!

I have ran the pilot pures for awhile and (just so i can say i've tried them) just bought the new shinko 011 verge. Haven't really had them in the twisties yet but will in the morning. I put a 200 on the back and 1st impression is a lil slower turning into turns but they are soft!

Back