I think my motor seized!! HELP!

Please don't be mad, It's just that on your 5th post you put this out, and there have been some trolls about lately....

Good luck. It's going to be costly.

Thanx Jason! You are right! It DOES depend on how you present your case on here. I'll remember that next time!!!! I'll get someone to break it down and check it out, of course. And we do learn from our mistakes. I suppose some of us never make them...you know who you are! Thanx again!

Skydivr, I'm not mad! It's all good. I just wanted some insight from other fellow Busa riders! Yeah, and I figured it would be costly. Keeping it Cyclone in Texas!

Thanx Jason! You are right! It DOES depend on how you present your case on here. I'll remember that next time!!!! I'll get someone to break it down and check it out, of course. And we do learn from our mistakes. I suppose some of us never make them...you know who you are! Thanx again!
sorry about your situation and i hope you can get the bike squared away at a reasonable price. goldenchild may be able to help you out with your situation if you want to shoot him a p.m. good luck and keep us posted.

Do you have any oil at all in it? Better off just replacing yhe motor with a used one.:welcome:

I wasn't intending to sound harsh, just stating the facts as I see them from the information you provided. If you knew the bike was low on oil, why on earth would you continue to ride it, let alone @ 80? Also, as I said, if you are not mechanically inclined enough to know that a flashing red oil light means the oil is very low (they are called idiot lights for a reason....) you are certainly not prepared to fix a seized motor yourself. thus, you need to take it to someone you trust and have them diagnose and replace/repair the motor. that's all you need to know. None of us can diagnose the specific problem over the internet, at least not without pictures of the inside of the motor so what you are asking for is impossible.
Rookie, expensive mistake, I honestly hope you learn from it.

Short of being called a dumb *ss some of you guys are a little harsh! I am aware of the oil pressure light and it probably means I have little or no pressure. I was just trying to give a scenario of events. Changing the oil gets the engine levels back to normal with proper filtration. I didn't think it would seize in the small amount of time it took. It's bad enough I messed up but you don't have to rub it in. So, what I'm getting from the few comments that were constructive is that I have to get the engine broken down to find how extensive the damage. Has anyone ever known someone who's engine seized? Did they have to get a new engine or rebuild? A little more help please! Thanx

Truth can be harsh man. Like I said, pull that manual out and educate yourself once you get a new engine in her. That will be the final outcome. You probably scored all four cylinder walls to $hit. Along with them the pistons and rings. Period. The crankshaft and associated bearings may be compromised as well. Dont take any chances with marginal parts or they will end up costing you another rebuild. Might be cheaper to find a used motor...

Good luck.

Thanx LeeFL2! That's an answer I wanted to hear...rebuild or replace. A few others have suggested replace also. You know I never had a maintenance issue in the past but like I said it was just negligence. Yeah and like most I dare not try to break the engine down mysellf. I'm usually pretty good about these things. I installed the power commander and do my own maintenance on both my bikes. I do have a Ninja that I will ride until I get my Busa back up. No and I won't lock this one up. heheheheheh! By the way, those are some kick-*ss photos.

Ok, well say if you had to replace all the lower bearings, and have the crankshaft repaired, and you where lucky that the damage was only located in the lower end, here is a short list!

All bearings, rods and mains $240ish parts only
Gaskets in gereral for rebuild $300
Case work to repair main line $150 ish
Crank work or replace $300 to $750 the higher the repair, replace it!
Labor $750 to 1200 start to finish!

Minimum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanx LeeFL2! That's an answer I wanted to hear...rebuild or replace. A few others have suggested replace also. You know I never had a maintenance issue in the past but like I said it was just negligence. Yeah and like most I dare not try to break the engine down mysellf. I'm usually pretty good about these things. I installed the power commander and do my own maintenance on both my bikes. I do have a Ninja that I will ride until I get my Busa back up. No and I won't lock this one up. heheheheheh! By the way, those are some kick-*ss photos.

You can allways find a used engine, stick it in there and then take your time and upbuild the damaged engine with porting, big bore kit, etc.

Glad you liked the pics. Good luck with the bike!!

Back