I shoulda changed that tire!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Had to cut my ride short on Saturday (perfect weather), because I tried to go just a little bit more on my front. The last part of the tire goes quickly! I had to limp home...Felt it push out on a turn, and when I looked....:banghead:

Ever seen a tire wear so unevenly? PS it's a Q2...

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0985.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

Typical, I blame road grade but I'm told it's because we cover more distance making left turns v. right turns :dunno:

Keith, you should see the front tire in our garage. It belongs to a friend and it's worse than anything I've ever seen. I'll try to get some pics of it.

You should know better ......when in doubt switch it out!

Ha that tire looks too familiar lol. Sucks, that ride was getting good.

Trey...go ahead and post up that pic of your rear...from the same ride....

Dawn, remember the last time I tried to get "a few extra" out of it?

This tire had tread on it the last time I saw it; I'm just as surprised at how your tire ended up Trey...

I told you I felt the ass-end breaking lose a few times, so we were watching. Shawn was behind me on the R-6, we stopped at a turn, and he fortunately noticed. He said roll back a little, then said dude you're showing cord. Eddie walked up and said, you're done. You know I don't don't and didnt do any burnouts. All that power of a Busa.

After seeing your tires I dont feel bad about mine:laugh:
I guess I can push more miles out of mine

Most people push harder one way or the other as was said above. On top of that, remember there is a crown built in most roads roads to aid in water run off. That crown tends to wear the left side of the tire faster.

Back