I should have kept my old bike....

III

Registered
TOO! At least for a couple of weeks anyway.

This break-in period is killing me!!!!!!!!!! Learning a lot about myself and I'm finding it funny which rules I choose to follow. ???

Had it out for a hot second today. I gave it a little blip in 1st right at about the 4k range. I think I'm gonna need to alter my grip. :lol: It's just ooozing with torque. The throttle is a bit looser than I care for, but I'll wait a little while before making adjustments. I'm guessing the wiggle room is there for a reason.

You guys were right about that whole perma-grin thing.

i hated the break in period but i followed it to a tee. you can tighten the slack on the throttle ,check your manual. the slack was too much for my taste and that was the 1st thing i did to my bike when i brought her home. congrats and welcome. :thumbsup:

Fix that throttle slack, you dont want it blipping on you in a corner exit.

Welcome from north Texas. About the only time the grin goes away is when the cops show up. And sometimes not even then. :laugh:

:welcome: and we seem to have taken that meds that cause permanent facial muscle contractions :laugh:

:welcome:aboard, and plus 100 on the above statement.:thumbsup:

Too late...I'm already over 20 miles. I plan on following the manual. For some reason, I feel more comfortable following the advice written by the guy whose name is Suzuki, rather than "MotoMan". :lol: I'm sure he's good and all, but it came with the SEP (which I've been reading isn't really all that special) so I might as well stay within those guidelines. I'm pretty sure there's an onboard chip that has the ability to tell them anything they need to know regarding my treatment during the break-in, should I need to take it in. Honestly, I'm sure I'll probably find somewhere in middle, and err more towards the manual's suggestions. I will change the oil on my own prior to the 1st service.

I introduced myself and posted a pic in an Introduction thread. I stayed in the new owners forum with this post since it was regarding the break-in. Is the new owners forum just for intro's?

Back