I should have bought a Busa!

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 16 2006,07:06) Yeah.....my Mom did last year.
I thought she had a R1 first
rock.gif

(Un-Caged @ Sep. 17 2006,21:15) Welcome. Let's see some pics of the FZ.
This pic is from the ad on carsoup.com where I found the FZ1:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
It took this pic last month when I took the bike up to my cousin's cabin:
ImageShack Links Do Not Work
It was about 550 miles round trip with about 40 of those miles on gravel roads and about 100 miles in heavy rain.  It was still better than being in a car though!

(CheesyRider @ Sep. 16 2006,07:04) Has anyone here gone from an FZ1 to a Busa?
I also have a silver 02 FZ1, and I just bought an 06 Busa. I really like the FZ1, for some things it is better than the Busa. It handles better and is more confortable for "two up" riding, they are just different kinds of bikes. Before the FZ1 I had a ZZR1200, another nice bike. I will probably raise the bars a little on the Busa and sell the FZ1. I know my insurance went from 173.00 on the FZ1 to 1050.00 for both when I added the Busa...
mad.gif

I have heard that the FZ1 has the charcteristics of a 600cc sportbike. Everything is up high in the rpm range. Nothing down low. I wouldn't spend any money on mods. Save your money until you can get a Busa. You might try looking at a SV1000. They aren't much money and they have the V-twin torque down low. I hear it is a blast to ride. Great canyon carver.

Welcome,, get the Busa. My manual calls for tappett adjustment at 15K. Others have stated leave it alone if it's not broke.

I weigh 250 and haven't had a lot of trouble with the front wheel:) I just took a eight hour trip, mostly inter state, running 70-100 and got 45.2 MPG. My bike had less than 1500 miles on it.

Well, I made the mistake of sitting on a Busa today. Now I want one even more! I was riding past the Suzuki Dealer and spotted an '06 LE, so I decided to stop and check it out. It only had 100 miles on it. The price on the sticker was $8999, but the sales person said he would sell it for $8799. It seems like a good deal to me, but I just can't swing the price and extra insurance cost right now. The bike is at Kline Suzuki in Maplewood Minnesota in case anyone is interested.

Good news everyone!  My wife is a lesbian and I'm getting divorced!! As soon as house is sold and the divorce is final, I'm getting a Hayabusa!!  It will be my divorce/mid-life crisis present to myself.  
super.gif

I'll post pics as soon as I get one! Depending on how long it takes the house to sell, I might end up waiting to see what the 2008 Hayabusa has to offer.  What is the latest rumor on when the 2008 will be for sale?  Are there any spy pics floating around the internet?

I'm not too thrilled that my wife is a lesbian, but I don't think I'll think about it much when I have my new Busa at wide open throttle!

Sorry about the life upset, but with a Busa between your legs, it's hard to remember what the wife looks like!

..., It is a bit cold sleeping in the garage with her though.

PS- AAA thinks the Busa is a touring bike because the R in GSX1300R is after the 1300, no the GSX. I'm 37 in California and pay 600.00 yr. full coverage! Oh, and some might say different, but with a steady hand, the tire stays down easy.

Back