i saw a new 14 today

squale147

Registered
i took a seat on it and it makes the busa seem small,it did feel alittle lighter takkin it off the kickstand,alittle more comfy, but imo i think it still looks ugly...i think the busa still is finished off nicer... even if its all that they say it is i still would buy one..

i took a seat on it and it makes the busa seem small,it did feel alittle lighter takkin it off the kickstand,alittle more comfy, but imo i think it still looks ugly...i think the busa still is finished off nicer... even if its all that they say it is i still would buy one..

Would you buy one for the comfort and power even though it's ugly?

It is a very nice bike, my only complaints are the aesthetics of the bike. I do like the green, I do not like the flames or the side of the bike, never have and never will with the current look.

A good friend of mine has a 2007 ZX-14 and it is a very comfortable bike to ride. It was the inspiration for me getting my 08 Busa. I can appreciate the work and effort that has gone into the bike, just do not care for the looks. If I were to get one, I would probably turn it into a street fighter, then I would not have to see the side fairings.

Function over bling! I left the bling behind years ago.

With a little software upgrade you can spank most any 14 with relative ease! :beerchug:

I think they're decent looking, but I like all kinds of bikes. If it was in a dealership, it was probably missing the fluids, which would explain the lighter feel.

I think they're decent looking, but I like all kinds of bikes. If it was in a dealership, it was probably missing the fluids, which would explain the lighter feel.

No, they really do feel quite a bit lighter than the Busa. Not sure why, because it's actually a little heavier... I guess Kawi got the center of gravity lower in the machine.

agree, i sat on one yesterday at the dealers. it has a lower center of gravity. i didnt care for the pegs being up higher and back a lil compared to the busa.

It is a nice bike for those who like it. I wanted a ZX-14 over a busa in the beginning. Just so happened I got a way better deal on a busa and love it. I think the new 14 is much better looking than the previous gen. But as said before, it only takes a few upgrades to be right there with the new 14, plus the busas have more HP potential then even the new 14 as far as I know. You don't see many 500+ hp 14s as you do busas, at least not as reliable. I am sure Powerhouse and equal experience tuners would have more knowledge on this.

I've always been more concerned with how much I enjoy riding a bike than what it looks like. Fun factor first :laugh: I rode the new 14 and it is crazy fast and very comfy, plus handles and brakes better than a busa imo. I wouldn't mind owning one if it wasn't so overpriced. But my current busa gives me all the thrills I need for now, and in a few years there'll be good used 14R's cheap :thumbsup:

ChattanoogaBusa said:
No, they really do feel quite a bit lighter than the Busa. Not sure why, because it's actually a little heavier... I guess Kawi got the center of gravity lower in the machine.

I would have to agree 100%. I wish Suzuki would build the Busa with a lower CG. To me it would make it much more agile!

I saw a commercial on ESPN today about the Z14 VS the Hayabusa and they really put the busa down. I did a search for it nut could not find it. I have never road one but did sit on one last month. I would like to ride one to see the difference.

I saw a commercial on ESPN today about the Z14 VS the Hayabusa and they really put the busa down. I did a search for it nut could not find it. I have never road one but did sit on one last month. I would like to ride one to see the difference.

I understand Kawasaki's aggressive marketing against the Busa, but they do exaggerate some. There should be no question that the 14 is stronger and quicker. However, it will not leave the Busa in the dust like they would have you believe. In a race from zero to top speed, the 14 would pull ahead, but both machines would eat the speed limiter before the 14 got too far away. Even de-restricted, from what I've seen the 14 is only pulling about 195 without re-gearing or an extended rev limiter.

The difference is definitely there, but not nearly big enough to make the Busa irrelevant.

ChattanoogaBusa said:

That's amazing ... thanks for the info. Guess I need to sit on one next time at the dealership.

ill wait until i see some non bias testing to believe that the hayabusa will be completely left behind by the kawi.

ill wait until i see some non bias testing to believe that the hayabusa will be completely left behind by the kawi.

I've owned both. Gen II Hayabusa and a 2012 ZX-14R. Pretty unbiased... Right Here

There's a solid 20 horsepower difference, and there's no getting around that in stock form. However, anybody who says the Busa will be completely left behind is either lying or just doesn't know any better.

Both are amazing machines. :beerchug:

Function over bling! I left the bling behind years ago.

With a little software upgrade you can spank most any 14 with relative ease! :beerchug:

until they do the same software upgrade . The 14.5 is not to be taken lightly

Rationalize it how you like, but the new 14 with equal mods (exhaust, tuning, air shifter, lowered, strapped, geared, stretched) is going to spank a Busa just like it was 2006 all over again, maybe worse. Of course it will depend on the rider and if other changes are done. I hope Suzuki matches them with a new motor and not much else so I can swap my parts over to a new Busa. If I have to buy all new stuff I'm not going to do it. I think Kaw made a real smart move with the 14 so kudos to them.

im sure the new 14 will be quicker with the new changes but like said before i dont think it will be that big of a difference.. time will tell

Back