I promise last few newbie questions

Once I have more miles and feel on my new bikes I'll be doing direct feel tests, maybe even timing tests. Other than getting bad gas someplace, I agree with the quicker burn / better HP idea. If the higer octane explodes SLOWER than it should when the bike is timed for 87ish, it can only slow you down a tad. Since Busa is designed for the road and average gas, that might be best. I've always been curious about this, nows my chance to find out for sure.

I own a Grand Marquis V8, and when I give it full throttle with 87 octane, the engine makes noise, like a rattling noise. when I give it full throttle with 93 octane, it pulls smoother and doesnt make noise.
That rattling noise is most likely pre-ignition , the fuel ignites easier , causing the f/a mixture to ignite prior to the piston reaching TDC . We want the mix to fire a bit early , but not too early . You can actually tune most motors (adjust ignition timing) to run on any fuel you want .

Dunno, but I can run the 92-3 Oct and it gets hot, & or detonates, noticeably looses power.
But run 87 Oct, and she screams..

I run 87 Oct period, mine doesn't like anything else.
Oh yea, my '00 Busa Over 40,000 miles too  
wink.gif

Busafied

I pick up my 2003 busa this week.....can't sleep, can't wait. Got a simple question for the board here...

What is the fuel economy (miles per gallon) of a busa? Anyone know? 30 mpg? 40 mpg?

Thanks to all of you....you have answered so many questions and I've really gotten a lot out of this forum. It will make my riding experience go much smoother.

03 busa has 2 trip odomoters and MPG readouts for both.
total miles for mine so far is 584 with average of 32.6 mpg.
my current trip 1 says 27 mpg.
this is with 92 octane, constant throttling up and down durring my breakin period, at or below 5500 rpm.
keep in mind the weird 10% offset of the speedomoter also. I don't know what that does to ACTUAL mileage and am too lazy to do the math at this moment.
smile.gif

with my lil' "house-mouse" on the back....MPG is not that bad...when I'm by myself..doing a TEST-OS-TERONE check,the mileage......she ain't that gr8 .

THE 'BUSA...SHE LIKES TO
drink.gif

Well my baby still gets 37-49 mpgs, as above, depending on whether or not the Mrs. is on back or if I'm being a nuttball trying to twist the grip off & push my eyes flat into my skull, and yes all on 87 Oct.

Back