I need to find replacement SV650 mirrors. Anyone know where??

Mrs.Rubber2Burn

The Diet Coke of Evil!!!
Donating Member
Registered
This is a TERRIBLE and EMBARRASSING request! I now need a replacement mirror (right side) for my 2002 SV650.

I was learning to try and sit on her or even see what shifting gears felt like, but I dumped her over in the GARAGE, the first time I even sat on her.

I feel like a giant :moon: :moon: !!

Hubby brought this little mess up home to begin fixing it up so that I could learn to ride. He has already put a lot of time and attention into her and then I just dump her over; pretty exhaust side and all.

I am just :please: :please: that the Busa was not on the other side for the "domino effect". I am not sure what I did but I have a nice big purple bruise on my inner knee and it HURTS!

I just need a replacement mirror and the brake lever thing broke as well!

nothing to be ashamed of... chit happens... the numbers say 95% of new riders are going to have the bike laying on the ground in the first month... you now have that out of the way :) onward and upward!!!

now I think you can see my point on these clowns that buy a Busa as a beginner bike.. just does not make any sense to me....

I took some pics....

A little communication later and found out that we already have the brake lever.

img1242000476875.jpg

img1242000477406.jpg

nothing to be ashamed of... chit happens... the numbers say 95% of new riders are going to have the bike laying on the ground in the first month... you now have that out of the way :) onward and upward!!!

now I think you can see my point on these clowns that buy a Busa as a beginner bike.. just does not make any sense to me....

What makes me feel worse is that hubby had just spent time lowering the bike 2 inches so that I could even touch the ground. Then I finally go to sit down and see how she feels, I dump her in the garage. Poor hubby is standing there, shop rag still in hand. :banghead: :banghead: <--- That about sums up the reaction!

Even more embarrassing is that I did not want this bike, I was convinced that I needed a newer/used Gixxer 750 or 600. Now I am trying to get a handle on this SV and feel overwhelmed.

Kristin was it on the stands at the time?

E-bay for the mirror, or Cycle Gear will have a cheap aftermarket that looks the same.

No it was not on the stands. Adam had installed the lowering links and I was testing the ride height and when I got off the bike I accidentally pushed her over.

I must be a slow learner, It took me 6 months to figure out how to drop it in the street.

Maybe try n see if you can handle riding a bicycle, getting on and off, for then move up to something bigger. Physical balance is kinda critical.

The bike is lowered 2" and she knows how to balance a bike. Guess you never drop a bike before on accident?

Glad you got new mirrors on the way.

During the MSF course, they told us to grab the handle bars, engage the brake (don't want the bike to roll) after that it is how feel getting your leg over the bike. I usually lean forward over the tank and extend my right leg out behind and then swing it over. I saw some of the students bring their right leg up at a high 90 degree in front of them and then extend it out and over the bike. I made Dennis stand beside the bike while I was learning how to get on and off of it. Or I would have dumped it too.

Your alright and the bike is good. Just keep practicing and getting a feel for her. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Glad you got new mirrors on the way.

During the MSF course, they told us to grab the handle bars, engage the brake (don't want the bike to roll) after that it is how feel getting your leg over the bike. I usually lean forward over the tank and extend my right leg out behind and then swing it over. I saw some of the students bring their right leg up at a high 90 degree in front of them and then extend it out and over the bike. I made Dennis stand beside the bike while I was learning how to get on and off of it. Or I would have dumped it too.

Your alright and the bike is good. Just keep practicing and getting a feel for her. :cheerleader::cheerleader:

I have my MSF class all picked out and ready to go, but have to wait until next month. By NO MEANS am I trying to ride the bike without having taken the class. I was just trying to get the feel for her and whatnot. I really wanted to take the MSF course sooner but we are moving this month and my weekends are so tied up with that, there is just no time in the schedule; and even if I could "squeeze it in" my mind would probably not be there 100%. I just don't want to wait too long and be out in the Texas heat in full gear. :laugh:

I have my MSF class all picked out and ready to go, but have to wait until next month. By NO MEANS am I trying to ride the bike without having taken the class. I was just trying to get the feel for her and whatnot. I really wanted to take the MSF course sooner but we are moving this month and my weekends are so tied up with that, there is just no time in the schedule; and even if I could "squeeze it in" my mind would probably not be there 100%. I just don't want to wait too long and be out in the Texas heat in full gear. :laugh:

Amen, Sista!!! :bowdown:

Back