I need suspension help!

gsxr1kbob

Registered
When I'm exiting a corner and get on the trottle pretty hard, my bike want to start wobbling side to side like im turning the bars back and forth quickly. Im 99% certain its not the rear tire trying to loose traction. Has anyone else had this problem and whats the fix. Can someone give me a good starting point on where my suspension should be set, (i.e. front rebound- xx clicks out, front preload-xx clicks out, etc.) My bike is a 09', Im 6'2" 215 lbs. Thanks in advance.

Here's some advice from Andrew Trevitt's Sportbike suspension Tuning.

Excessive rear squat is causing the front to lose traction on corners exits.

Add compression damping on the rear shock.

Raise the rear ride hight by adding preload.

Increase rebound damping on the forks.

Slide the fork tubes up a few millimeters.

Buy the book, it's a valuable source of information.

Amazon.com: Sportbike Suspension Tuning (9781893618459): Andrew Trevitt: Books

Raising links are a excellent mod.
http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=5106131&showprevnext=1
A worn rear tire will cause handling difficulties too. Fresh rubber, front and rear is your friend

cheers
ken

It's not your compression, it's not your rebound on either end. The culpret that creates headshake on corner exits under power is almost always geometry if indeed the problem is in the bike.

I'd try the easy stuff first by making sure it's not a software problem "YOU". Hanging onto the bars with a death grip could be the issue. Try using two fingers on the throttle and removing the left hand all together. You may find the headshake goes away.

Have you made any altercations to your bike or adjustments to your suspension?

It's not your compression, it's not your rebound on either end. The culpret that creates headshake on corner exits under power is almost always geometry if indeed the problem is in the bike.

I'd try the easy stuff first by making sure it's not a software problem "YOU". Hanging onto the bars with a death grip could be the issue. Try using two fingers on the throttle and removing the left hand all together. You may find the headshake goes away.

Have you made any altercations to your bike or adjustments to your suspension?

I think I will try some suspension tuning first, before I do the 2 fingers and no left hand and put my bike in the ditch. I bought the bike used and havent touched the suspension. I've had several bikes and never had this problem with any of the others. I was thinking soft rear suspension, but wanted some more input before i messed with it. Thanks:thumbsup:

Bob I will find my paper that I have all my settings written down on before I changed my fork springs a couple weeks ago and get back with you, The way I had mine setup worked great for me anyway, If I havent got back with you in a couple of days send me a PM, It will probably be Sunday before we back

Back